Chapter 250: Max, the Museum Manager (6)

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw had been people looking down at me.

"We did it."

"It was a success!"

I remember finding this particular scenario strange. There had been a lot of peculiar beings that filled up the room I was in. Some had pointed ears, and the others were noticeably short in height. Some were evidently taller, and others even had green skin.

As I looked around, I saw the face of someone with blond hair with sharp ears, who laughed loudly as she stroked my head. For me, she was the most memorable of them all.

"Your name is Max."

-Max?

"Yes. Max."

-Max!

"And my name is Metel."

-Metel?

"Yes. Metel."

-Metel!

"This is a place called the Crack Museum. You are an agglomerate of magical power created by our Guardians... Shall we walk first before I explain further? Can you walk?"

-Ah... Yes.

At the time, everything had been full of wonders. These people greeted me, stroked my head, and proudly brandished the objects on display all around them.

Everything had been new for me—the cold sensation I felt when my feet touched the floor, even the magical feeling prickling my skin. I couldn't help but feel grateful for being born. Everything around me seemed to be a blessing.

Time passed.

Of course, I had learned a lot since that day. I learned how I was made and why I was born, and I learned about the existence of the Crack Museum, its significance, and how the administration office worked.

The study time had been fun. I was able to spend time with the Guardians, and if I worked hard enough, I would receive praise.

"Do you understand?"

-Yes. Jamie-nim. I can understand. I also memorized all the list of items in the museum!

"Really? Our Max is so smart."

-Thank you.

I managed to acquire a lot of knowledge.

"You were born to manage the museum, Max. This is in order for you to take over the duties of our Guardians. I'm sorry, but I hope you can understand us."

-You don't have to be sorry. Oliver-nim. I am happy to be born. I really am.

I learned what responsibility is.

"I'm just saying that, but you know that your body will scatter when you go outside the museum, right? Because the magical power in this museum is the only thing that keeps you up and running. You have to be careful."

-Yeah. Snef-nim!

I had learned what I shouldn't do.

"I'm glad you worked hard. Hmm. You look a little like me..."

-It's an honor for you to say that, Isaac. I heard you are leaving today..."

"Yes. I'm not from here, after all. I'll see you again someday. Bye, Max."

-Ah... Okay.

Of course, there were things that I didn't get used to even after time passed, but I really enjoyed my time with the Guardians. I missed when I used to be able to talk with them.