Chapter 287: Half-baked Revolution (2)

-Dear comrades, who share our will. It seems like this is my first time greeting you. I think some of you have met me, and some of you know me indirectly. I'd like to introduce myself formally. My name is Oscar. I'm the author of the Sacred Democracy and one of the ordinary imperial people, like you, sitting at the Civil Revolutionary Corps' head.

* * *

"Er... Charlotte-nim."

"I'm also watching. What am I seeing...?"

"T-the Honorary Bishop seems to have prepared it."

"Is it illusion magic?"

"Probably not, Princess. It is impossible even for an archmage to display such large-scale illusion magic. I thought he'd be preparing to some extent, but what the hell is this...?"

"... ..."

"... ..."

"A video. It's a video."

"I'm sorry?"

"It's a video created via magic power. One day I heard that there was something like that in the city where the foreigners live. Yes. It must be. It certainly is."

"How... did you..."

"I don't have time to give you a detailed explanation. There must be a source that is sending that out from somewhere."

"Do you mean a source?"

"Yes. Isn't he a wizard, Count? Can you feel the flow of magic somewhere?"

"I-I'm sorry. I think someone twisted the wavelength of magic power in the capital, so I don't think I can."

"We have to stop that. We can't let that out. Never. Never! A lot of blood will be spilled. Count! We have to stop that quickly. We have to stop that. Ahh... How do we..."

"It's... already late. We can't fix it..."

* * *

-You don't have to be surprised or disconcerted. Dear citizens, what you see now is not illusion magic. It is a gift given to us by the Goddess Benigore, who sees all humanity equally, and a means to unite and raise our dear comrades.

It was the mirror and blessing of the Goddess Benigore, who reflected things we couldn't see.

* * *

"The Honorary Bishop Lee Kiyoung... Where is... the Honorary Bishop Lee Kiyoung?"

"I-I heard he went into Lindel today, Your Majesty. He'll be back after catching up on some work..."

"That... What the hell... If there's anyone who can explain this phenomenon, bring me right now. Anyone will do. Anyone..."

"It's Oscar, Your Majesty. The one you see up there right now is Oscar."

"I know that. I'm asking why the author's face is floating in the sky. You stupid thing! What are the court wizards doing?! Make anyone stop that. Right now!"

"Your Majesty. P-Please, calm down. The court wizards are looking for a way now."

"Oh, God... Oh, God..."

* * *

-Dear comrades. Please check and judge with your own eyes. And you have to move by yourselves. How was the Holy Empire so far, and what those nobles, who looks down on us saying we're poor blood and calls themselves nobly, really are! You must check and judge for yourselves. From now on, the scenes that I, Oscar, will show you can be a bit shocking and cruel. But it shows exactly how it is, and it is our life itself. Please do not look away. Instead, look properly. I hope you can see what kind of place we have been living in so far.