Chapter 273: Carrots, Sticks, and Swords (1)

'Tsk tsk...'

I had to say that it was intentional.

I definitely remembered that there had been no visit to the Imperial Knights on her schedule.

It was no different from a local candidate from the precinct coming here to campaign for the same place, so it was reasonable to think it was ridiculous.

As opposed to the First Princess, whose position was narrow, the Second Princess's camp and support were indeed solid.

When I saw the influential nobles who had come with her, I thought about having brought more people, too.

Charlotte made a welcoming expression as if she had been waiting for us, and slowly began to walk toward us.

Charlia wasn't stupid enough to not figure out why she was here, so she was also was staring at her with her bloodshot eyes and trembling hands.

"You can act, as usual, Your Majesty."

As I whispered to her in case she might do something unexpected, I saw Charlia nodding quietly.

However, her face still looked as if she wanted to tear apart and kill the woman in front of her.

'I don't know if she can stand it.'

When she thought about her half-sister, she shed blood tears at her jealousy, so it was natural that I felt anxious.

The Second Princess, Charlotte, may have bad feelings for her sister, but she at least did not reveal it on such an occasion. She was quietly nodding with a smile on her face.

Seeing her, Charlia began to speak.

"W-What are you doing here?"

"I heard that you would visit the Imperial Knights and praise their hard work. Since it's not a common occasion, I came to see you in case I could be helpful. I'm sorry for not being able to contact you in advance."

"..."

'Help, my ass.'

"Okay... Thank you."

Charlia replied, quietly nodding at her embarrassing words, but anyone could see she was in a bad mood.

I wanted to compliment her just for not showing off.

'The picture is not bad.'

"The First and Second Princesses visited the Imperial Knights together" would indeed be good news.

If it went well, both could produce very good results, which could be considered a win-win.

Of course, the Emperor would nod, and it was clear that the imperialists, who knew nothing, would also raise their voices about the sister's friendship.

The problem was only one risk factor of not knowing when Charlia would go crazy, but at least the behavior she was now showing was quite normal.

In any case, these sisters, without further conversation, began to enter the knights' training ground.

The Second Princess glanced at me and not at the First Princess, and she still seemed not to like me.

'Of course, she wouldn't.'

She must be thinking that I was one disloyal retainer.

Every time Charlia did something, she whispered to me, so it would be weird not to notice that I'm controlling her from behind.

Since I was managing her actions and schedules, she's not wrong...

'I don't want her to look at it too badly...'