Chapter 327: Hero of Laios (6)

Everything was done perfectly, but wrapping things up proved to be annoying. No, in fact, I was more happy than annoyed.

As a result, if I were to think about it, everything was going in the direction I wanted, except for the missing Jin Qing. However, I had no choice but to feel anxious about the fact that the demon summoner was alive.

The people of Laios and I would be thinking the same.

I requested the Republic to take over the demon summoner Jin Qing, but there was still no answer. There was nothing to be heard other than saying that they would grasp the situation a little more closely.

Of course, the Republic's remarks to closely grasp the situation were excuses and bullsh*t. There was no way they could do anything.

The place where we confronted the demon had already been erased from the map, leaving no traces other than a bunch of lights.

Even in Laios, they were refusing the people of the Republic to pass over. The only evidence left was Ito Souta's conviction and the Goddess's Mirror we've recorded the incident with.

No matter what I thought, they couldn't grasp the situation.

Nevertheless, it would be irrelevant to interpret that bullsh*t as an expression of the will to protect Jin Qing, no matter what.

I knew that the Republic wasn't as sensitive to black magic as the State, but what happened would affect the entire neutral nation. The Republic's foreigners were also killed, and in some way, it was a case that was bound to be entangled in international affairs.

Despite all these backgrounds, the Republic chose to protect the guy after listening to Jin Qing.

'They said men are blind in their own causes.'

I didn't know what was going on, but he might be trying to clarify this case and put his sins on me.

In fact, the probability of a bomb dropping on me, who had so much evidence, converged to zero, but I still had no choice but to be dissatisfied with the fact that the opponent with a grudge was still alive.

Of course, I didn't have to explain that I was also swaying public opinion.

I felt a little sorry for the demon worshiper Ito Souta, but that was the reason his name had been repeatedly mentioned recently.

"The demon worshiper Ito Souta. And this time, demon summoner Jin Qing..."

"..."

"Does the Honorary Cardinal think there is a connection between those two?"

"It's probably... hard to say there's any. We don't know when they got in contact or what they want, but it doesn't change that their ultimate goal is the same. The darkness is already deeply rooted in our continent. I knew there were groups of only black wizards all over the place, but... I didn't think they would be expanding their influence this much. In fact, it was just a coincidence that I stepped on Jin Qing's tail..."

"You are saying that the situation seems to be more serious than the Holy See thought."

"Yes. Maybe they have their own communication channels. Given that the Republic currently protects Jin Qing, it would be better to think that the Republic is also affected by its roots. In the worst case, we can think... it's already completely stained..."

"Already so far... Oh, God..."

"Think of the case of the State. No one knew that Ito Souta was a demon worshiper. During the long period of his career at Celia, no one had noticed that Ito Souta was a demon worshiper. If Ito Souta had swallowed the country as it is, we would have had to take a position similar to the current Republic. Maybe the State would've faced a great threat, just like Laios."