Chapter 251: A Quick-witted Swan (1)

Although I had unexpectedly gotten myself a son, the expedition ended perfectly.

One mythic item and two legendary items were acquired, and a high-quality heroic-grade item was also obtained.

Unfortunately, the shield had been acquired by the Black Swans, not by Park Deokgu, but if Blue had taken even the shield, I would not have the heart to face Park Yeon-joo anymore.

'Rather, it's better this way.'

For Park Deokgu, I would just need to make him a useful shield. Anyway, we'd soon have a competent blacksmith, and garnering the right materials would be easy.

One important thing was that we benefitted more than them.

Considering that the most successful people who led the expedition were the main pillars of Blue, it seemed that the prizes had gotten properly distributed. Still, it was natural to have a conscientious distribution as we had established a suitable alliance. Anyway, the things that we did manage to obtain were priceless.

We got titles, items, and so on, but of course, the mythic-grade weapon obtained by Kim Hyun-sung and the museum control device I had obtained stood out the most.

Right now, everyone's focus was on the mythic-grade item, but it was true that everything here was greater than any other achievement for me.

'The world will change.'

If what I was thinking was right, then a transformation would definitely take place soon.

'There are so many things I can do.'

Everything I hadn't yet done would become possible. I wanted to return to Lindel as soon as possible to study, but the problem was that our way back was slow.

All the expedition members were physically limited, so this was natural. I didn't feel too nervous about it. A wagon would be waiting for us anyway and would bring us to Lindel soon.

Because if we go outside this area, a wagon will come in, and after getting in the wagon, it will be very soon to Lindel anyway.

'And we're all in good spirits...'

This was all thanks to a new guest who had deemed to join us—the little boy who I had now deemed as my son. Even the survivors we had saved showed just how grateful they were for having been saved. Max had been friendly with them and had hosted a lot of conversations with them as we walked. I could guess that his eagerness stemmed from the many years he had spent wallowing in his loneliness.

The museum had been his only friend, and seeing how obsessed he was with the place, I could tell that it had become his own coping mechanism.

Of course, that wasn't the only reason as to why expedition members accepted him.

"Sniff..."

"Waaaah..."

As soon as the story of him was revealed, all everyone could feel for him was sympathy.

"Waaaaaah..."

In particular, Park Deokgu began to care for Max a lot more than what was necessary.

"So, then..."

-In fact, I have been in the museum since then...

"You must have been lonely..."

-A bit, but I got used to it. There are so many things you can do at the museum.

"I told you not to say anything. Sniff... If you are Hyung-nim's child, you are also my child!"

-Ah... Okay.