Chapter 210: An Ominous Feeling (2)

'Thank you.'

That was what I should say.

I knew this was the correct answer, but my mouth wouldn't open for some reason. Missing this opportunity was silly. My brain understood it, but I was confused by the feeling that my body was constantly rejecting it.

'I have to agree.'

I kept repeating this to myself, but my mouth eventually betrayed my expectations.

"I ... that..."

"Yes?"

"A-After school, I have something... I have something I need to do. I'm sorry."

"Ah..."

Instructor Jung Hayan's expression seemed very disappointed. Her dejected expression was like seeing a puppy getting abandoned by the owner.

The slightly lowered eye slant and big eyes were full of disappointment. For a brief moment, I blamed myself for my stupid choice. I wondered my body caused such a reaction, but the answer refused to reveal itself.

I was bothered by Instructor Hayan's voice, who had kept muttering about something.

'Something's not right.'

It was probably a trap set up by that fox. This was a high possibility, considering the fact that he had a fairly petty personality.

And...

'It's overwhelming just trying to follow the class.'

Of course, it was good to learn something new, but the homework and assignments I'd been learning over and over were already making my head explode.

was undeniable that I had made a stupid choice.

However, I didn't want to correct this. My breathing was gradually returning to its original state.

Just in time, the bell announcing the class rang, and Instructor Jung Hayan, who continued to mutter quietly, slowly began to leave the classroom.

I even thought about approaching her because she had looked so sad, but I did not raise my hand. This was because I saw trainees from the same class rushing to me again.

"Y-You're really great, Eunni..."

"Ah..."

"Who would have known that Instructor Jung Hayan would make such an offer?"

"Is... that so?"

"Yes. When I saw today's class atmosphere, I thought that the alchemist must have said something... After showing your ability, it seems that the instructor also got greedy. That's because she is also a Blue executive. Perhaps, sooner or later, you'll be getting an offer from Blue?"

One of the rabbles next to me immediately spoke.

"Sora said she would not go, so it doesn't matter if the offer comes or not. Didn't you see her flatly refusing the instructor offer?"

"Ah... She did, right?"

"Instructor Jung Hayan did seem a little desperate..."

"Really?"

"She was wearing a startled expression..."

"It definitely was when Sora was successful, wasn't it?"

Though they were all talking in front of me, I couldn't find it in myself to participate. My mind kept coming back to Hayan's complex expression, as well as the strange feeling I had.

When I started to speak, everyone's attention refocused on me.

"By any chance..."

"Yes, Sora Eunni?"