Chapter 382: Holy War (2)

Since there were no visual effects that would make this look even more spectacular, I felt kind of sad. I had really wanted to reenact what my brain had been visualizing all this time.

However, seeing that there was no response above, it seemed impossible to raise a hand to either side in a battle like this.

'You just need to sprinkle some light on the scene, but even that you won't do. I'm disappointed, Benignore!'

Though disappointed, I had never heard of transcendent beings in the sky supporting any individual or group.

Of course, I had experienced it firsthand, but that was an exceptional case. It was unfortunate, but I also knew it couldn't be helped.

'Because it's not bad even without it.'

The current scene was ideal enough.

This side was the army of light, and the other side was the army of demons. This was a fight where the good and evil forces had already been determined.

While looking at the scene with satisfaction, I heard Elena's voice next to me.

"..."

The moment she chanted the spell, her enormous divine power covered the allied forces.

'Whew!'

If my eyes were correct, it must have been a buff type of divine magic.

The power itself wasn't that satisfying since Elune hadn't bothered helping, but at least we had gotten the buff.

'She's too cheap, that Elune...'

I had anticipated it since she had sold her own daughter, but it was certainly not like her to not aid in this situation.

In any case, the army of light had begun to get influenced by Elena's divine power.

Elena, who had actually unleashed the spell, had her ears drooped. She seemed to have exhausted most of her divine power.

The divine power had surrounded almost all of the troops, so it was not unreasonable to look like that.

After nodding, I had begun to walk again.

Of course, I didn't mean to stand together on the battlefield. I just went to the control room where Lee Jihye was because I didn't want to fight where an arrow could hit me anytime.

"Let's go, Hayan. What will Elena do?"

"Sigh. Sigh. I want to watch the battle here. Maybe I could help."

"You can't overdo it, Elena. This is not the last battle."

"Yes, Honorary Cardinal. I will take it into account."

'It's not necessary to take it into account...'

If, by any chance, it would take a long time for her to recover after retiring, it would be difficult to use her abilities in later battles.

The stamina consumed in the Twisted Pond did not fully recover yet.

Having to look afterward, we had to hide and save my power as much as possible. That was why I hadn't given other missions in this battle to Jung Hayan, or to our lovely returner.

Jung Hayan's mission was to maintain the Goddess's Mirror with other wizards, and Kim Hyunsung's role was to be prepared if anything were to happen.

I had told him many times not to run wild, so I knew he would obey me unless a big twist were to happen.

Of course, it was undeniable that if Kim Hyunsung were to use his strength, we could easily take the victory, but I felt reluctant to expose his power.

At present, it would be sufficient to cover the battlefield properly.