Chapter 393: The Power of Friendship, Love, and Faith (4)

'What the hell is going on?'

The person's appearance naturally surprised me.

I couldn't fathom why the Republic priest was running with his mouth evidently foaming.

I looked around in hopes of making sense of our situation, but I couldn't see anything because of the thick fog. Nothing changed, even after applying the maximum magic power to my eyes.

My brain was gathering up lots of questions.

I had a lot of questions.

"Trap! It's a trap! Stick together as much as possible!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

"We'll respond to the threat once we've regrouped! Don't get separated!"

'Where?'

We could hear a loud voice, but I couldn't seem to figure out where to gather. Our sights had been limited far too much. Allies and enemies were now mixed together inside our smokey cage.

I also realized that the fog surrounding the current troops seemed a little different from usual.

'The magic power is highly concentrated.'

I couldn't feel any traces of magic power until now, but the fog surrounding us seemed to have been artificially created. I felt like I was in a dungeon.

'Magic... Is it magic?'

Someone came to mind.

However, he wasn't supposed to be where we were.

The thought that there was a mist summoner here who should be participating in the Castle Rock battle was ridiculous. It was unreasonable to pull a significant person away from their defensive line when it's already being beset from all sides.

No, I couldn't even understand how that person could have come out in the first place. I was confident that our troops had the entirety of Castle Rock busy.

If she and some of the troops escaped Castle Rock, they should've gotten caught on our radar.

I felt like I was losing my breath, and my mind was being overloaded.

I knew that I must analyze the situation calmly, but it wasn't easy to make practical judgments about what was happening. In fact, I didn't even have time to think that much.

The most important thing at that point was to overcome the situation. However, my already burdened mind wouldn't allow me to focus on it.

"This dirty demon! Eeeeeekkk! Dirty demooon!"

Those who wielded weapons indiscriminately were hard to be seen as sane. I stepped back and swung my sword, causing blood to dye my face red.

Intestines spilled out as screams continued to echo across the battlefield.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Even with one arm completely blown away, the crazed being continued to run after me in a way that reminded me of maniacs and zombies.

I bit my lips tightly and cut its throat again, finally causing it to lose its life. Another figure ran towards me that looked to be the same as the last one.

With a slash from my swing, the puppet collapsed as well. Another figure approached me from behind through the fog at the very same moment.

I oscillated my sword when I heard a voice, but as I stopped myself just as I was about to cut its throat.

"It's me! It's me, Katya!"

"Mi... Mythica!"

"You were here."