Chapter 255: There's No Bad Dragon in the World (3)

"You don't mean that, right?"

"She's already reflected on this a lot, really."

"I doubt that's the case. She's just upset the schedule didn't go the way she wanted it to."

I could already guess what had happened. At first, Dialugia had agreed with Tol To-ri's punishment upon seeing how she behaved. However, returning to the nest and seeing her daughter shed thick tears had softened her up.

This alone made me realize how bad her parenting was. She must've comforted Dialuria with promises of talking to me and getting her out of her punishment. In short, she had basically taught her to cry in order to get his way.

'And it actually works...'

Dialugia was the type of mom who would do anything to make her kid happy. No wonder Dialuria thought of her mother as a pushover.

"Actually, I only told her that outings would be banned."

"Ah... Really?"

"Yes. But looking at you, I think it would be alright to prolong the punishment a little."

"I don't understand what you mean..."

"You have to teach her that she can't get everything she wants. I know very well that I'm not in a position to tell you, but our Tol To-ri has lived doing what she wants to do up until now. She should know that sometimes there are things that she can't get by crying over it."

"O-Of course, I agree with..."

"So you agreed. What's the problem here?"

"I think Dialuria was really looking forward to the both of you going out together... Wasn't that the promise you made before you left for the expedition? I know Dialuria best. She is already reflecting on it enough. If you go there and reason with her..."

"You're too soft on her."

"I think you're well aware that Dialuria likes her father a lot."

Absolutely. I even thought it was dangerous, looking at her characteristic.

Upon seeing my guilty expression, Dialugia decided to take the opportunity.

"I can say for sure. It's because you didn't stop at the nest and didn't give love since she was very young. Still, leaving a child thirsty for her father's love as it is... Of course, it is Dialuria's fault today. But I think you should let a little loose for your child to be able to breathe."

"Is that really the reason? It seems you're saying that simply because you don't like to see Tol To-ri crying."

"W-What do you take me for?"

Seeing her reddened cheeks, I knew I had hit the bullseye.

However, Dialugia didn't say anything wrong. It was undeniable that I had left most of the child-raising to her. I only spent once a week with Tol To-ri, and even that was stopped when I had to go to the training center for a month.

If I were to think about it, I had no right to talk about proper parenting. Nevertheless...

'This one is definitely a problem.'

Dialugia's unique characteristic was a Tree that Generously Gives. This was proven in the way she smothered Tol To-ri with her love. Seeing this for myself reminded me of a slave working hard to please her master.

Dialugia didn't even have her own life in the first place.

Everything about her revolved around Tol To-ri. Though I commended her dedication, this was exactly the problem as to why Tol To-ri took her for granted.