Chapter 290: Half-baked Revolution (5)

Flames surrounded the entire place.

Several screams erupted, and I had no choice but to fix the falling helmet whilst biting my lips tightly.

It was uncomfortable because my view kept getting blocked.

Not only did the breathing sounds get worse, but swearing began to pop out of my mouth.

"Sh*t. Sh*t..."

"Fire! Fire! They are not imperialists, but rebels possessed by a witch! Don't stop with the arrows! Never let them enter the Imperial Palace! Don't put compassion in your hands! Don't let them come here!"

'Traitor. They are traitors.'

Though I knew I had to do what I had to do, the bow could not be pulled off that easily.

Perhaps it was not just me who felt this way.

The colleague next to me had also been unable to pull the arrow off of him.

All I can do was to pray not to hit anyone and shoot these to the sky.

'Sh*t! Damn! Fuck!'

"Don't look at the sky! It is the whisper of the devil. The blessing of Goddess Benigore is a false story! That's not the Goddess' mirror! All that Oscar said is a lie! Don't be fooled by their words. Do not believe anything! Only His Majesty is right! Don't panic! Do not panic!"

He said this without hesitation, but Chief Baek also had traces of anxiety on his face.

When I saw him open his mouth to tell us not to panic, I thought it might be a message to himself. He probably felt that something was weird, too.

'Devil's whispers, my ass!'

Indeed, if that was the devil's whisper, as the Imperial Palace said, by now, the Heresy Inquisitors from the Pope's side should have come out to stop them.

Even some priests had also begun to side with the imperial people.

No matter how I thought about this, it didn't make sense that the foreign priests and the actual priests who had prayed were also present.

There was no official announcement, but they must have determined that they were not wrong.

If the Pope and other cardinals had also checked the Goddess's mirror, I guess they would know who was good and who was evil.

'That's not a lie.'

In fact, I was born and raised in a province ruled by Count Bush, and I knew better than anyone else as to what had been going on over there.

The hungry imperial people and the nobles were busy filling their stomachs.

I had to worry that today would pass with no trouble, and I had to pray to Goddess Benigore every night that no other incident would happen after this.

Why was our life so miserable?

If Goddess Benigore did exist, I had to wonder why she did not care for us every time.

'They are correct.'

It was not that Goddess had a problem. The problem was the nobles and royal families who had rebelled against the Goddess.

'Everyone under the Goddess is equal.'

There was no way that the Goddess Benigore distinguished the precious from the unworthy from the beginning.

The Goddess' mirror was the Bible and weapon of enlightenment that she had chosen to give to the people.

There were aristocrats who did not see people as humans, but as dogs, and only saw them as targets to be exploited.