Chapter 302: Laios, the Neutral Country (3)

The sharp attacks were unsettling, but Laios was a more peaceful and livable place than I thought.

I didn't know if it was because of the exotic scenery or the unique nationality, but I thought I could see why so many people visited Laios.

They hated quarrels and valued balance and harmony.

Most people made it their highest value, the one that ruled and controlled them, and some of their unusual behaviors reminded me of Earth's Buddhism.

In fact, unlike the State, the prominent occupations in Laios were monks and ascetics. Those who could be classified as priests were different in nature from the Holy Knights owned by the State.

If the crusaders' pursued faith in God, their pursuit was a spiritual discipline.

In some ways, it seemed that religious issues could cause friction, but it was not.

This was probably because the people of Laios believed in the Goddess Mahamara, who could be classified as an ally of the Goddess Benigore.

The doctrine of the Goddess Mahamara was not belief in herself, but the discipline and happiness of believers. I could be sure that their nationality's background lay in the doctrine of the Goddess that they were serving.

'It's a nice place.'

As a result, the country as a whole was simple and lacking in luxury.

However, it was impossible to treat the guests of the State recklessly.

It went without saying that we had received a magnificent banquet as a gift that could be considered quite magnificent from their standpoint.

They must be thinking that they might make a mistake with the delegation.

The State was definitely a big country. Even after the civil revolution, the State still stood at the center of the continent's political scene.

It was apparent that they thought that they should not commit a mistake to our delegation representing the State.

I had been invited to many places in the meantime, but it was the first time that I had received hospitality so comfortably.

The dancers' dance was beautiful, and their culture and music were also good to see and hear.

"How was the banquet?"

"I had a fun and great time. I didn't know how to express my gratitude for the hospitality that is full of heart."

"I'm glad you were satisfied. I was worried that the food and drink wouldn't suit your taste... I'm relieved. We have a separate building that you can use during your stay. Red Mercenary and Blue members can use it separately, so I hope you stay with the delegations that came together and take a slow tour of Laios tomorrow."

"Thank you for your consideration, Pristina."

'The treatment is good.'

I had felt it before, but she seemed to know how to make me in a good mood.

That didn't mean that she was just obsequiously fawning over around.

Since Pristina had already expressed her edgy rejection of the proposal to be with our side, this banquet would also be an apologetic expression.

It was already dark, so naturally, I needed to sleep.

When I got up, I felt like the drunkenness came all at once.

'Is the drink stronger than I thought?'

I thought it was a sweet drink, and this was happening since I had drunk it thoughtlessly.