Chapter 388: Cheap Psychological Warfare (1)

"..."

"Cough! Cough! Cough! General! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I haven't been damaged. It's just a simple trick. There is no damage. What about you?"

"Cough. Yes. I-I'm fine, too."

The smoke caused us to cough nonstop until it had all dissipated.

After the smoke had cleared up, the first thing that caught my eye was the soldier's distorted face. I kept staring at him unknowingly because of the look he had on him. I've never seen him make such a face before.

However, I had the feeling as he did.

My hands shook uncontrollably. Of course, not all of my emotions were due to my wrath towards him.

The reason for my anxiety laid in my sister's current condition.

'Is she okay? She will be okay, right? No, she looked to be okay. She must be okay.'

She wouldn't possibly be hurt.

Although she was showing herself to be very nervous, she seemed safe in the magic hologram.

She was not being treated as a legitimate prisoner of war, but she didn't look like she was being tortured, at least.

I was nervous, but it was also relieved. I just had to keep thinking that she was alive for now.

A voice began to enter my ears as if someone had spotted my worried face.

"Yev Karina will be fine."

"Yes..."

"He considers Yev Karina to be necessary, and he thinks that he will benefit from keeping her alive. He won't kill or harm her right away. I don't know why Yev Karina is working with him, but..."

"My sister is not that kind of person. I'm sure he's got something on her."

"Yes. I also trust Karina. I'm sure of it."

As we talked, I could see people walking around the door while trying to scout the situation.

I wanted to talk a little more about my sister, but we had to brief the Operation Department members first. I knew what the best thing to do here was. However, I couldn't help but feel a little sad.

There was nothing about Yev Karina in the briefing of Jin Qing.

The only emotion visible in my eyes was the anger I had against Honorary Cardinal Lee Kiyoung. It wasn't unreasonable for me to be angry, but that was the first time I saw him so worked up and distraught.

I couldn't find his usually calm and calculated appearance.

He seemed to be maintaining his composure on the outside, but it showed in his body language. His breathing was subtle.

It was a tiny difference, but it told me all I had to know. He was furious. Still, he was never the type to reveal his true feelings.

Perhaps the emotion that he was feeling was more akin to betrayal.

When he first heard the news about the State's Honorary Cardinal, the General looked as if he sympathized with him. His pride must have been seriously hurt as he realized his true identity and was confronted inappropriately.

Of course, the same was true for the magic power hologram.

It was strange not to get angry even if I were to think of it as a joke and deception from start to finish.

The briefing continued despite the heavy atmosphere. They were only given short information, but they could already deduce a lot of details from it.

He sighed again as the others nodded to show that they understood.