Chapter 383: Holy War (3)

Most humans had fragile states, especially those in situations that soon became a war.

There was no way ordinary humans could endure prolonged situations where they had to kill and watch each other die.

'That's why it's important.'

The cause and justification of the war became more and more paramount.

Fight for God.

Fight for the country.

Fight for the family.

That was why they had taken it upon themselves to educate their minds on matters of war. The same was true about the "we are right" justification.

There was a distinctive difference between fighting to defend and fighting to invade. In their case, however, the cause had been lost.

The central commanders screamed their hearts out with their sense of duty, but there was no possibility for such a cry to get into the ears of ordinary soldiers.

They had doubted the purpose of the war from the beginning.

They pondered whether the demon summoner was simply deceiving them, in which case it would have been like having the devil live in their brains. It was better to shoot arrows in fear. Some screamed as they attempted to get out of the situation- people who weren't as bad as the others.

Many of them had given up on fighting.

The more they went on the defensive, the worse the situation got. That was how powerful the visible effects and facts became.

The scene reflected by the Goddess's Mirror perhaps was enough to confuse them even more.

-Die!

-...

-Die, traitor!

-...

-Dieee!!!

The scene where Yev Karina beat the Bishop, revered by the people of the Republic, with of the main focuses of the propaganda.

Even though allied troops were already invading, the soldiers of the Republic continued to stare at the sky blankly.

The prior footage had been deleted, causing most humans to focus on the scene rather than the context.

Why did Yev Karina, the demon servant, kill the Bishop?

Rather than asking such a question, they chose to focus on the situation in which she smacked his head.

Some people would think humans weren't that stupid, but based on the extreme articles, news, tabloids, and modern people who got caught making a fuss, I felt like that wasn't the case at all.

Moreover, the people of the Republic were not familiar with tabloids. It wasn't worth mentioning that the effect was bound to be even greater.

That was a battlefield with never-ending screams and howls.

Leaving Lee Jihye behind as she constantly gave out orders, I looked around quietly until I saw the Blue Guild members working hard.

Watching them move efficiently and working together smoothly, I felt proud.

Among them, Park Deokgu stood out a little, not because he was active. Rather, it was the opposite. It felt like his movements weren't the same as before.

He raised a shield and climbed on top of the wall, but it was noticeable that he was displaying subpar performance. He sometimes looked around with widened eyes, unable to concentrate on the battle itself.