Chapter 264: 1st Princess Charlia (1)

Being liked by someone was easier than one might think. Human relationships were also not as difficult as most people thought.

Of course, it was also important for us to have a meal together and head to the sauna at least once.

However, the important thing was how much you could suit others' needs. What they liked, what stories they wanted, and what they wanted to hear. It was important to think through the conversation and suited them as much as possible.

I didn't have to resist at first. I didn't even need to claim my beliefs.

If the other person was a conservative type, I listened to the story from the conservative standpoint and just agreed with it.

If the other person is standing in a progressive position, I also listen to the story from a progressive standpoint and just agreed with it.

That was all, really.

It was even simpler if one were to think about the death penalty.

If the subject was in a position in favor of the death penalty, one could just prepare information and stories that the subject wanted to hear.

It would be even better if it sounded a little more professional. I would raise my voice, discuss the death penalty's necessity, and actively agree with the subject's words.

Naturally, the subject had no choice but to think, 'Oh! We fit better than I thought! We have the same thoughts!'

Of course, I had beliefs, but that didn't matter. Just because I was in the opposite position didn't mean I had to shout it out. Most of them would get upset, or try their best to escape from the conversation if I did.

If I wanted to show my position to the other person, I couldn't just get angry right away. I needed to take a little more time. From the moment I recognized that the subject was a good friend and a colleague expressing the same position, I could add my opinion, little by little.

This was the way to get close to the subject, and the way for a vassal to handle the powerful.

'Cardinal Basel...'

In Cardinal Basel's case, this had been done for a very long time.

As we spent time together, I kept in tune and nodded happily. It was also essential to study in advance to have a conversation.

I had to be fluent in theology and knew well about hearsays and demons. I even took longer studying to keep up with his knowledge level than talking to him, so there would be no need for other words.

It only took me several months to build a relationship that couldn't be broken.

Naturally, I was also thinking about the amount of time I would spend with the Emperor and was working on it. However, the effect was more than I could imagine.

Sometimes, there was this case.

No matter how much you'd try to be liked by the other person, you couldn't get close to them if your fire point didn't match, leaving the conversation's topic and the disposition aside.

Of course, the old Emperor was the opposite. It felt like our fire points fit perfectly.

This Emperor was looking for a perfect form, and I was 100 percent compliant with that condition.

'Whoa...'

He was a different type of soulmate from Lee Jihye. He kept talking to me, even making me feel uncomfortable.

Even as the party began after the Eight Seats of the Empire parade was over, I noticed that he wanted to keep talking. I bet this Emperor would have been stuck here if he hadn't been aware of the other nobles.