Chapter 237: Mythical Being (4)

"It's... It's a frame-up!"

Unexpectedly, Kim Hyunsung had said that this spinning wheel was sh*t because it was a bit suspicious, but it didn't make entirely any sense in terms of probability.

Perhaps I just wasn't lucky enough, but I had to stop the mythic-grade being from popping out at any cause.

'Nonsense.'

The one called the Ancient God's Fragment was now trying to pop out, making a rumbling sound. I didn't know if it took this long for the seal to be released or if Max had delayed it for a while, but I knew that he would annihilate us all once that guy was released.

"The odds are being manipulated!"

I didn't know what I was talking about, either. I only knew that I felt scared.

However, manager Max seemed to be interested in my bullsh*t.

If he respected the Crack Guardians, he wouldn't be happy about this museum being insulted.

-I know what you mean. The odds are not manipulated. Everyone has a chance of one in five hundred.

"From our position, there is no way to believe if this is true or not. Isn't that right?"

It was Ahn Ki-mo who had spoken.

'Nice, Ahn Ki-mo.'

I knew he would be useful in this kind of situation, but I couldn't even imagine that we would be good together. The plan was obvious. He needed to distract him while I tried to think of a way to escape.

Fighting a mythical-grade monster was not an option.

The level difference was so big that it was impossible even to assume that we had a chance of fighting. It was like attacking a tank with a slingshot.

Even assuming that Kim Hyunsung had several aces up his sleeve, we would not get out of this unscathed.

As Ahn Ki-mo finished speaking, he turned to me. I nodded and spoke again.

"Ahn Ki-mo is right. You said there had been no manipulation, but where is the evidence that your words are not false?"

-Is there any reason for me to answer your questions?

"Of course, there is. You did not call this place a dungeon, you called it a museum, and you called us explorers, not attackers. If this museum is a dungeon, there is no reason for you to convince us, but if this museum is not a regular dungeon and the arrangements made by the Crack Guardians are correct, an explanation is a duty, not an option."

-Duty, not choice... You make an interesting argument.

"It would be fun from the manager's point of view, but it's a very important issue for explorers. We did not come to attack the dungeon. We are here to experience and explore the museum. Isn't that right, everyone?"

"Yes. That's right. Absolutely right."

Ahn Ki-mo was the only one who answered. However, I knew everyone else had begun to latch onto the same idea.

-I understand your position. Although to my eyes, it appears to be just an act not to proceed further, but... since it's been a long time since welcomed guests came, I think I do need to give you an explanation. I don't know how to explain it, but... would you be convinced if I quantify the results of the explorers who have visited the museum so far?

He was more quick-witted than I thought, and he looked offended.

The crack museum he loved was on the verge of falling into a bad reputation, so it was only right that he would want to remedy this.