Chapter 137: Revealed

One day, Feng Luodi visited Situ again. The attendants were used to her frequent visits by now, and the head steward, Xiang Bo, was even glad to see Feng Luodi. She sat by Situ's side as she always did, staring at Situ's sleeping face.

"You look like you've lost weight." She knew that there would be no answer, but it was her way of comforting herself. "Elder brother is no longer the Grand Tutor. I know that he is very upset, but I can't find the words to say to him. Do you know that his health is very poor? The heavens are unjust; the two of you have such exceptional abilities in each of your fields, but one of you is gravely ill and the other is badly injured. The heavens must be jealous of your talents."

"If everything was really determined by the heavens, then why am I sent here?" Feng Luodi could not understand the reason behind her transmigration. Her few meetings with Phantom had been cryptic at best, and it was not hard to see that Phantom avoided the issue.

"The place where long for, where I belong, is a place just like any other after all. I can't believe that I'm so bent on going back, how foolish of me." Feng Luodi chuckled. "I guess that is human nature after all. The few things that I cannot let go of has backed me into a dead end. I am the one who has trapped myself, and that's why I can never be happy."

"Then don't go back. You can spend your days here in happiness." A hoarse voice sounded in the room.

Feng Luodi jumped in her seat, her head slowly craning around to look at Situ. "You're awake?" She was elated for a second, but panic quickly took over. "What did you hear?"

Situ slowly sat up, dressed only in a thin tunic. He slowly propped his pillow higher. "What do you want me to hear?"

Feng Luodi's eyes were a mixture of feelings. She recalled the prowess and abilities of the Situ she'd known and wondered if she'd been duped all along. "Were your injuries an act, just as a part of your ulterior plans?" If that was the truth, then he'd have heard everything I've said to him, right from the start!

Situ looked helplessly at Feng Luodi. "I don't think that's a very nice thing to say to an injured patient."

Feng Luodi caught on to his lack of denial right away. "Have you always been awake?"

Situ shrugged. "Semi-conscious."

"All the while?" Feng Luodi's face darkened.

"All the while."

"You liar!" Feng Luodi sprang to her feet and turned to leave. She was happy to see him awake, but her heart was filled with the rage of being deceived. How could I have fallen for it! I knew that he would not be so easily injured by anyone!

The moment she turned away, Situ clutched his chest, hissing through his teeth. "Argh! My wounds are hurting again!"

"Hmph! Nobody's going to fall for your tricks!" Despite her words, Feng Luodi stopped.

"I think the wounds have reopened. I guess it's time to change the bandages then." Situ spoke calmly.

Feng Luodi spun around angrily, stalking to the bedside again. "If you're lying to me again, I'll never ever come here again!" She threw her embarrassment aside and took his tunic off in one swift motion. Situ's upper body was mostly covered in bandages, many of them still stained with the bloodied fluid from his wounds. She was stunned by what she saw.

Situ smiled when he saw her reaction. "See? I didn't lie."

It was the first time Feng Luodi had saw his wounds - she hadn't dared to do so before. Now that she did, she was both angered and heartbroken at what had happened to Situ. "How did you get injured when you're so powerful?" Feng Luodi held back her tears and glared at Situ.