Chapter 187: Heinous Crime

At this moment, Feng Luodi thought: Feelings are truly something unfathomable.

Once, her main goal was to return to the 21st century. However, along the way, she unknowingly went astray. When she deviated from her course by an excessive margin, she promptly pulled onto the reins to make herself turn back.

The thought of staying in this world had flashed across her mind before. She had been grumbling because she was caught up in a dilemma due to that man, and grumbling why the Heavens was treating her like this. She also often complained and questioned why this mission required her to spend so much time and effort, causing her to form a bond with so many people in this world such that their existence have been engraved into her bone marrow. No matter where she went, there was no way for her to shake them off her mind.

However, one day, when she found out that Situ was caught in a dilemma even worse than hers, she suddenly felt that things were no longer difficult for her. She would either return home, go back to Situ's side or meet her demise. It was actually not hard for her to choose from these matters at all. The feelings that overflowed in her heart completely ignited all her fighting spirit and obliterated all her desires. There was only one thought that remained. That person must stay safe and sound.

Hence, no matter whether if she were to return home, stay in this world or meet her demise...it didn't matter which choice it was in the end as long as that person was safe and sound.

Then, what choice did she have to make? Feng Luodi looked up, hoping to see the sky through the small window.

It was late in the night, but she couldn't see anything at all.

Duke of Anping's Residence.

"Situ, are you really going to do this?"

The First Prince had always been gentle and casual like a modest gentleman, but at this moment, anxiety was written all over his face. He was staring at Situ with a complicated and profound look in his eyes.

"Once you do this, you can't turn back anymore. We can still think of other methods. You don't have to make such a rash decision."

"Your Highness."

Situ was enshrouded in the shadows, his expression dark and unfathomable.

"Tomorrow is the execution day, yet there's lax security around the court prison. Isn't this clearly arranged so that I can break into that place to save Luodi? His Majesty must be very restless now, afraid that I won't break in and afraid that after I do that, I still have a last card up my sleeves."

"Then, do you have a last card up your sleeves?" The First Prince finally asked in a deep voice.

This was the matter he had been fretting about every day. As soon as Situ collapsed, who would support him? Would his Imperial Father truly support him?

The First Prince sneered in his heart. He was afraid that his Imperial Father wasn't the one with a suspicious nature. Without a surefire plan, he wouldn't trust anyone easily.

"What does Your Highness think?"

Situ's voice was chilly and ruthless. As he was sitting in the shadows, the First Prince was unable to see his expression clearly.

"Situ, if the one talking to you now isn't your friend but your monarch, what would you choose?"

The First Prince ultimately still asked this one question. He believed that all the officials who support him would support this decision of his. He was adept at observing the overall situation, carefully scheming in the dark, without letting any loophole slip. He only reached the current state after preparing for many years.