Chapter 196: A Dream

"When you have made your decision, go to Mount Guan with Sonorous and play the piece 'Blue-Flower Porcelain'."

The night Feng Luodi obtained Sonorous, the Grim Reaper, Phantom, suddenly appeared and told her this.

Feng Luodi had always been caught in a dilemma and had been hesitating to make a choice. Just like that, more than a month had passed. When Qi Jianqiu had given birth without a hitch, her mother's constitution had gotten better, and those beside her no longer forced her to get married to Situ again, she made a decision.

Feng Luodi told herself: I can't say 'see you again' to Situ. I can't let my tears fall in front of him.

But, despite walking very far into the distance, she could still feel his burning gaze on her.

Her tears were suddenly like a spring gushing forth and blurred everything before her eyes.

Feng Luodi thought: If God is watching, then I would definitely be punished by God for giving up such a wonderful man, for giving up a man who loves me deeply and whom I also love deeply. I chose to return to the 21st century simply because I have to take care of my parents and settle those favours my friends had showered me with, but I have no choice but to take Situ's feelings away. I will stay single for the rest of my life and die alone.

Feng Luodi told herself again. Before I leave, I mustn't recall my past memories with Situ. However, memories like to pull people's legs. The more I try to avoid everything related to Situ, the more those scenes come into view as thick as a hail of snowflakes.

The first time my heart was moved. The lingering kiss. Those pair of deep eyes. Those words of endearment.

The scene that emerged first was how Situ would climb the wall every day to look for her after giving in. He would bring different flowers and drink Autumnal Ombre's wine every day. He would watch her play the guqin and use his inner force to create a rain of petals.

That man wanted to complete all the romantic things they could do in one month, things that could originally have been done in the future. The heart of the person drinking wine was aching and the heart of the person playing the zither was aching. Yet, the two still wanted to smile at each other and pretended as if they were having a great time and that they were very happy.

Situ was helping her to accomplish her selfish wishes. She had always used her selfish conduct as an excuse.

She would rather have Situ say that he hated her very much. She would rather Situ be the first one to bring up ending their relationship.

But, no matter how selfish she acted, Situ had always been very forgiving and he had always urged her to stay.

Feng Luodi didn't know how she'd managed to find the place that Phantom had told her about.

With her hazy, teary eyes, she walked towards an open space area surrounded by wildflowers and weeds. Phantom, clad in solemn black clothes, was standing there, his black eyes staring deeply at her. Everything in the surroundings was like a backdrop, incompatible with Phantom.

"You came in the end."

Rather than as an icy-cold statement, his words sounded more like a sigh.

"I'm here."

Feng Luodi wiped the tears at the corner of her eyes and smiled at Phantom, just like how she smiled when Phantom informed her about the mission and rules back then. After that, she transmigrated all the way to the Xuan Dynasty.

"Do I simply need to play a piece?" Feng Luodi hoarsely asked, her gaze fixed on Phantom.

Phantom's expression remained indifferent as he nodded.