Chapter 126: Uncovered

Qi Jianqiu followed Gan Qingjia as they walked through Chang'an before finally arriving in front of a villa.

"Isn't this place..." Qi Jianqiu looked at the villa in surprise. She suddenly realised something and asked softly, "Isn't this the Villa of Mount Baicha? Why did you bring me here?"

"Go in and you will understand." Gan Qingjia was full of smiles.

Qi Jianqiu turned her face away. Gan Qingjia's smile is so captivating.

Gan Qingjia knocked on the red-coloured door in a specific rhythm and it was quickly opened from the inside. The person saw Gan Qingjia and called out to him. "Master." He stepped aside and directed the two of them into the villa.

Once inside, Gan Qingjia led Qi Jianqiu to the backyard. A huge field of blooming Baicha flower appeared in front of her eyes. The flowers hustled together, elegant and dreamy. Qi Jianqiu couldn't stop smiling when she saw the Baicha flowers. She liked Baicha, and loved its flowers the most.

"I bought this place because I know that you'll like it." Gan Qingjia sincerely said, "the villa's name also contained Baicha. Is this enough to represent my feelings?" Gan Qingjia winked.

"The Villa of Mount Baicha? The name is so bad!" Qi Jianqiu complained, acting as though she was dissatisfied.

"I am so hurt!" Gan Qingjia held his heart in an exaggerated manner.

"You are so overdoing it." Qi Jianqiu gave him a look of disgust. Yet, she couldn't hide her smile.

"Are you finally admitting that you like me as well?" Gan Qingjia gently pushed Qi Jianqiu like a young child.

Qi Jianqiu wanted to glare at him but she couldn't do it. She hesitated. Anyway, he was the one who admitted it first, which means that I didn't lose to him! Even if I admit it now, I'm not going to lose anything! However, Qi Jianqiu continued to contemplate.

Gan Qingjia watched on anxiously. "What are you still worried about? I went to zither parlours because for missions that I can't tell you about now. You might need to suffer a little bit now but I will tell you once everything is ready."

QI Jianqiu had never seen Gan QIngjia so flustered before. She grinned and put her hands behind her back, "Send me home then."

"Then I'll take it as you agreed, then." Gan Qingjia nervously followed behind. He heaved a sigh of relief when she didn't disagree and gave a satisfied smile. Such a stubborn lady.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the palace, the Heir was troubled.

He had lost most of his power as well as the trust of his father, the Emperor. He wanted to rise in power again, but the number of officials standing by him was dwindling. Adding on to the dire situation, the death of the Imperial Treasurer gave his enemies an opportunity to remove him from his position as the Heir.

His father, the Emperor, had said that he would believe him, but there was no way to stop others from scheming against him. What's more, the person in charge of the case was the Duke of Anping who had gained the trust of his father and held much military power in his hands, a person whom he was unable to bribe. As he contemplated the problems at hand, his advisory tried to provide a solution.

"Your Highness, I remember that your tutor and the Duke of Anping has a very good relationship. The Duke continues to keep in touch with your tutor even though he is on your side. Why not ask him to find out about the progress of the investigation?"

"Right! There is still Jiang Moyin." The Heir finally remembered his tutor. He quickly gave orders to Yu Ming. "Quickly prepare all the herbs and medicines that are good for health. I am going to visit my teacher."