Chapter 161: The Demonic Sect Supremo

"No way! The Supremo would break my legs if I even suggest changing the name of our sect!" Lu Buping strolled out from the prison and sat in a pavilion, snacking as he sipped on tea. He was enjoying himself, but his words were firm.

The First Prince was worried by the situation but did his best to convince and warn the civilians of the impending chaos. Of course, it was all part of a show for the Shadow Guards in the shadows, watching their every move. Meanwhile, Feng Luodi tried to convince Lu Buping for the Demonic Sect to change their name. She sat not far away from Lu Buping, idling playing with a cup in her hands, trying to come up with as many reasons as she could. Situ sat on the vermillion bannister surrounding the pavilion, his back to the pillar and a flask of wine in his hands, his eyes watching the lake calmly.

Lu Buping watched Situ expressionlessly, the latter looking even more unrestrained and free than the men of the jianghu, despite being an important general on the battlefield. He turned back to Feng Luodi and repeated himself again.

"No way. Even putting aside the issue of convincing the Supremo, the 'Demonic Sect' sounds so cool and powerful! Is there ever a reason for us to change it?"

"Two hundred thousand soldiers." Situ spoke up, his words cryptic to Lu Buping.

"What soldiers?" Lu Buping turned to look at the calm Situ. I never knew men like that existed; his every action is so eye-catching!

Feng Luodi found it weird that Lu Buping kept staring at Situ, but continued to convince Lu Buping. "If the Demonic Sect does not change its name, his Highness would have to abide by the Imperial Decree and command the two hundred thousand soldiers of the Central Army to attack the sect. In the face of the army, the martial art skills of the sect members can't be of much use."

"Hmph! What Imperial Decree is that! How can the Emperor only listen to such rumours, how foolish of him!" Lu Buping spoke without hesitation, shoving a piece of dessert into his mouth.

Feng Luodi froze for a second, quickly glancing around. Upon confirming that the area was indeed guarded by the Covert Guards, she quickly returned to her task. "You can't blame the Emperor for this. It is obvious that the Demonic Sect is being set up! Both his Highness and Situ are looking to avoid such bloodshed; if we can avoid conflict just by changing the name of the sect, why not?"

Mockery graced the lips of Lu Buping. "You have quite the gift of the gab, don't you? Tell me, then: can your words represent the intentions of the First Prince and this great general here? If I bring you to see the Supremo, can you promise that the Demonic Sect will not be dragged into the dirty dealings of the royalty?"

Feng Luodi was speechless. After all, Lu Buping's worries were very much a probability.

"She can," Situ spoke up. His eyes met the surprised expression of Lu Buping and he repeated himself, slowly. "She can represent both his Highness and me. Is this guarantee enough?"

Lu Buping's expression slowly turned sombre. Feng Luodi suddenly thought to herself. The men of the jianghu have their pride, and so does Situ. Are the two of them going to clash because of that?

Just as Feng Luodi was about to defuse the situation, Lu Buping burst out in laughter. The sound was joyful and boisterous, sending the birds above them flying away in shock.

"I like that personality. Alright then!" Lu Buping suddenly had a change of attitude towards Situ. He slammed a hand onto the stone table, respect apparent in his eyes. "I'll bring you to the Supremo, but the job of convincing is on you. Tsk, she has a temper to behold."

Feng Luodi was about to be relieved at her successful persuasion, but Lu Buping's words quickly made her nervous again. A Supremo with a bad temper? An image of an old man with a magnificent beard and unruly appearance, topped with erratic behaviour immediately formed in her mind.