Chapter 194: The General Situation Is Already Set in Stone

When Duke of Anping walked in by himself, the Emperor already felt that something was amiss. Could it be that all the imperial guards outside are now under Duke of Anping's command? Did Duke of Anping's power surge again unbeknownst to him?

After feeling that something was amiss, uneasiness followed. Uneasiness as to whether his life would be coming to an end.

After the Eighth Prince saw Situ walking in, his expression totally changed. He no longer coerced the Emperor and no longer rummaged through things but turned his head away in panic to avoid Situ's gaze instead. There was no semblance of an imperial prince's bearing at all.

The Emperor also felt that it was strange. Despite being ambitious, his eighth son usually took note of his appearance very much. His bearing wasn't ordinary and he possessed sublime integrity. It was a pity that he was Concubine Shu's son. The Emperor had yet to recall his past memories when it was forcefully interrupted.

The reason was very simple. As Situ strode in, he chopped off the Eighth Prince's head with one swing of the sword. The head that dropped onto the ground swivelled on the floor, its pair of eyes facing the Emperor.

"Ahhh!"

The Emperor immediately shrieked, his trembling fingers pointing at Situ.

"Duke of Anping, could it be that you're planning to revolt? You actually dare to kill an imperial prince in front of me. This is a capital offence! A capital offence!"

On the contrary, Situ didn't think much of it. He brandished his Hong Ming Scimitar which was still dripping with blood. The corners of his mouth were upturned to form an almost indistinct arc and his eyes were sternly fixed at the Emperor.

"The one I killed is a traitor, not an imperial prince."

His tone was filled with a murderous aura and frightened the Emperor. Despite being full of mettle once, he had never expected that there would come a day where he would be scared of his own subject.

What instantly came to the Emperor's mind was that Situ was venting his anger due to Jiang Moyin's death.

"It wasn't my fault. It's because Jiang Moyin's constitution was weak to begin with; no one touched him and he collapsed on his own. That wasn't my fault!"

He looked very pitiful, like an old man begging while wagging his tail.

There was no change in Situ's expression and his eyes were gleaming.

"Hadn't Your Majesty tried to get rid of me multiple times? If Your Majesty hadn't wanted to set me up, why would so many things happen that day? Your Majesty, aren't you the cause of all of these?"

Including Jiang's Moyin curtailed life span, the First Prince's change and Feng Luodi's guilt, everything was like a tide that gushed towards Situ. But the main culprit of everything was the Emperor. No matter how loyal he was to his sovereign, what he got in return was still distrust, jealousy and schemes. Who would continue supporting such a sovereign?

"Situ Muye, as expected, you do have the intention of rebelling. My innocent imperial son died tragically. Everything is due to your conspiracy."

The Emperor suddenly became resentful and leaned against the bed as he breathed in large mouthfuls of air, viciousness flashing across his murky eyes.

This supreme person really hadn't changed one bit. Situ suddenly understood why his father wanted to retire from officialdom when he was still a young boy. His father was clearly one of the distinguished founding ministers, yet he'd retired. He truly wondered how many people this Emperor had bitterly disappointed.