Chapter 159: The Viciousness of the Human Heart

"The two of you really have a tacit understanding with each other." On the way back to the yamen, Lu Buping gritted his teeth as he said to Feng Luodi. Beside Feng Luodi was Situ, silent and stone-faced.

Lu Buping had no choice but to admit that Situ's words explained by Feng Luodi made sense but their Demonic Sect and the Righteous White Paths have accumulated rancour for a very long time. This time, he was conceited and forgot himself for a moment such that he actually belittled Sect Leader Xiao's vicious motives. 

Feng Luodi covered her mouth and laughed lightly, then looked at Situ beside her and did not speak.

When they were one turn away from the yamen, Lu Buping suddenly noticed something and said, "I still have some matters to deal with. I'll return to the yamen later."

Before the other two could reply him, he leapt away and disappeared into a small alley.

Only after Lu Buping had left did Situ faintly said, "What a hindrance."

"Eh." Feng Luodi raised her head to look at Situ and discovered that he still had on a moody expression. When she recalled how Situ confidently said that he would let her watch a good show but it was cut short in the end, she reckoned that this man was certainly very gloomy inside but found it hard to express it.

Feng Luodi's lips pointed upwards to form a small arc. She reached out a hand to grasp Situ's hand, then swaggered as she walked into the yamen.

Situ's mood instantly turned from one of overcast weather to one of a clear sky and he also withdrew the cold aura he constantly emanated. The covert guards hiding in the dark clicked their tongues as they watched the rare side of Situ. As expected, everything has its vanquisher. Their mighty and wise General's mood could also be influenced by a young lady. Maybe, in the future, a young lady can even influence his decisions.

The two entered the yamen and did not see Governor Tian around. Even the group of officials were not around and the First Prince had also gone out. He was probably doing his best to charm the commoners in the province, trying to turn the tides.

The couple was delighted that they had the place to themselves. They found a pot of good wine and ran into the courtyard, sitting under the brilliant red plum blossom tree. They sipped cups of wine one after another as plum blossoms drifted down. 

Feng Luodi had not drunk wine in a long time. As soon as one cup of wine entered her stomach, her face quickly flushed red, contrasting against the snow white colour of her skin even more. Her eyes when she was tipsy was like the autumn breeze, flirtatious and moving. 

Situ had completely tossed whatever conspiracies, whatever great undertakings and whatever stratagems out of his mind. There was only that blue-dressed woman in his eyes. Her every frown and smile tugged on his heartstrings. This had nothing to do with her looks or family background. His feelings came very quickly and he was mesmerised before he could prepare himself. He suddenly wanted to go back on his words. No matter what happens in the future, I won't let this woman leave me. What would a future without her be like? Who will I be?

After Feng Luodi drank a few more cups and glanced at Situ again, she realised that his expression was complicated, his eyes profound and unfathomable. She was curious about his sudden change and was just about to voice her thoughts when the panicked voice of a yamen runner could be heard from outside the courtyard.

"Your Grace, things aren't looking good. A group of unruly civilians are making a ruckus outside the yamen."

This sentence immediately pulled Situ back from his contemplation and slightly restrained the coldness in his eyes. Situ stood up and told Feng Luodi, "Let's go take a look together."