Chapter 181: Pressing

In the blink of an eye, spring had gone by and summer had arrived.

The graceful  covered the whole of Chang'an's main streets and small alleys. The  were also not to be outdone while the pure white  adorned every house. The  and  became the most popular plant in several medical centres while the  crept onto the walls of wealthy households.

Everything became peaceful once again and the misfortune that had twined around the Xuan Kingdom gradually vanished, but the Emperor's illness didn't alleviate due to this.

Feng Luodi faintly sensed that Situ understood the actual situation but he didn't inform anyone. She didn't mind. Things such as murdering and betraying the monarch and persecuting the good and loyal were things that Situ would absolutely never do. She knew that Situ was planning something in secret and the only thing she could do now was to accompany him during this period.

She had already gotten wind of Resonance's location but obtaining it was a headache. What gave her a greater headache was that her mother was picking an auspicious date for her wedding all day long and couldn't wait to marry her off. Her mother seemed like an entirely different person compared to when she couldn't bear to part with her.

Seeing her mother like this, Feng Luodi's head started to ache. She could only run to the Jiang Residence to accompany Jiang Moyin who was once again ill in bed.

As for Situ, Feng Luodi was feeling a bit shy to meet him. Although she wanted to accompany him, it didn't mean she wanted to be together with him every single day, from morning to night. This made her increasingly guilty and uneasy.

It was the season for wisteria flowers to bloom again. The small pavilion in the Jiang Residence had long been surrounded by the lively purple and white wisteria flowers. Only a little green would peak its head out from within occasionally. One look at this bustling scenery would instantly alleviate one's mood.

When Feng Luodi placed the book in her hand down, she noticed Jiang Moyin's gaze settled on the wisteria flowers outside the window. She suddenly recalled that before everything had settled down and when Jiang Moyin was still the Heir's Grand Tutor, she, Jiang Moyin, Situ, Xue Yiqi, as well as Gan Qingjia and Qi Jianqiu who always bickered, would gather together to play the zither, drink wine, taste new dishes and chat about the joyful matters of Chang'an in that small pavilion with wisteria flowers.

Without knowing it, a year had passed again and everyone had their respective fates and own paths to walk.

Qi Jianqiu and Gan Qingjia were undoubtedly the most blissful pair. Xue Yiqi was still at a loss until now while Shangguan Yan had long left Chang'an to handle the matters in the Xiaoyao Sect. Although Situ and she were engaged, it was very likely that they wouldn't end up together.

Amongst them, the person who had always been alone was Jiang Moyin. His great undertaking wasn't accomplished and he didn't meet someone he fancied. He didn't possess a healthy body and sadly didn't have much time left on this world. The Heavens was really too cruel towards an extremely talented person like him.

When her gaze landed on Jiang Moyin's picturesque countenance, Feng Luodi suddenly remembered what the Shadow Agents had once informed her: Jiang Moyin supports the deposed Heir while Situ supports the First Prince.

If the deposed Heir had followed Jiang Moyin's guidance and hadn't been blinded by his desire for power, he would have definitely become the future emperor of the Xuan Kingdom. He had a maternal clan, the Emperor's trust, the support of the officials and Jiang Moyin guiding him. However, the affairs of the world were unpredictable and constantly changing. The deposed Heir forgot his original aspirations and ended up dying in the prison tragically.