Chapter 192: Preparation

The blistering hot summer days went by In the blink of an eye.

Meanwhile, Chang'an in autumn appeared as prosperous and stable as usual.

Autumnal Ombre's business was still as sublime as ever. Although there was the door-to-door service, many customers still liked to visit Autumnal Ombre and immerse themselves in the ambience there.

Scarlet was a Miss with good taste. She specially brought many elegant purple  and arranged  to decorate a temporary shack for people to stop over. The interior was bedecked even better than that of an ordinary teahouse, with decorations and display items comparable to those of a typical restaurant. Moreover, the complimentary tea and wine prepared were of top quality; adding on the small folding screens drawn with insects, grass, birds and animals, the view was extremely entrancing.

This way, regardless of whether the passers-by would purchase something or not, they would stop over and drink a cup or two. Once they have drunk Autumnal Ombre's wine, they would find it very hard to forget the taste and usually, they would also enter the shop to buy a few vessels of wine to bring back home.

Fei and Scarlet were the ones who came up with this idea. Normally, Feng Luodi and Qi Jianqiu were the ones attending to all matters concerning Autumnal Ombre.

However, there were only a few days left before Qi Jianqiu's baby was due. Gan Qingjia treasured her like a pearl, so he didn't allow her to go out and overtax herself again. Everything else had to be postponed until after their child was born.

As for Feng Luodi, ever since the day Situ had left in anger, she seemed out of it. She felt both regretful and heartbroken. Her illness relapsed again and again. Meanwhile, Lady Feng's body had slowly recovered with great difficulty. In order to let her Mother rest assured, Feng Luodi promised that she would go out to take a stroll every day to relax her mind.

Although she said that she would go for a stroll, the only place she visited was Autumnal Ombre. Everything she went there, she would sit in the inner chamber and from time to time, she'd play the zither and learn to prepare tea. She'd also started to learn to paint. As for chess, she never touched it again. Ever since she'd arrived at the Xuan Kingdom, she had only played chess with one person.

When Fei, Scarlet and the others saw her like this, they couldn't help but feel worried. Yet, they couldn't do a single thing for her.

They still couldn't understand why their Miss was unwilling to marry Situ despite loving him so much, resulting in Situ leaving the residence in anger.

They didn't understand and wanted to ask about it, but they had no way to set about it.

Another day passed and Feng Luodi was idly brewing a pot of tea for herself. She saw that Autumnal Ombre wasn't busy and since it was almost time for lunch, she called Fei and Scarlet into the inner chamber. Her next words made Scarlet blush.

"Fei, when do you plan to marry Scarlet? You're nineteen and Scarlet is already eighteen, it's not good to keep her waiting any longer."

As Feng Luodi spoke, she cast a teasing glance at them with a smile tugged at her lips. She appeared much more energetic than before.

"Miss, what are you saying?"

The normally quiet and unwavering Scarlet was blushing and protested coquettishly. It was rare for her to have the bearing of a shy girl. Although she was protesting, her gaze was fixed on Fei standing beside her.

Fei was still as calm as usual, his disposition neither conceited nor rash. He was much more mature than people of his age.

"This matter still requires Miss' approval. Scarlet is wholeheartedly devoted to you."