Chapter 176: Epidemic

When everyone hastily rushed to the scene, what they witnessed was a beauty saving a hero.

Following this incident, the extremely idle commoners in Chang'an City spread this matter out in multiple versions for everyone to appreciate.

The version which spread the furthest was that after the beauty had saved the hero, the hero wanted to offer his everything to her.

Clank!

Xue Yiqi was zoning out and the teacup which was just placed on the table fell onto the ground, smashing into smithereens.

"Commander?"

The soldier, who was reporting the situation, was trembling in fear as he looked at Xue Yiqi. He had a feeling that the usual gentle Xue Yiqi was different today.

Xue Yiqi's expression remained undecipherable as he waved his hand and dismissed the soldier.

When he was finally the only one left in his tent, his face contorted with vexation and he grabbed his hair while in agony.

That day, Shangguan Yan had arrived ahead of the others and eliminated more than half of the assassins on her own while sustaining minor injuries. Soon after, the other Imperial Army soldiers and the Duke of Anping's soldiers rushed to the scene. They encircled and annihilated the remaining assassins. To date, he still had no news regarding the mastermind behind this incident.

But, all these weren't the main point. Thinking up to here, the embarrassment on Xue Yiqi's visage deepened. That day, after Shangguan Yan rescued him, she actually declared aggressively in front of everyone.

"Xue Yiqi is mine. I will definitely eradicate all who wants to harm him."

She instantly gained the support and applause of countless people.

A red robe, a peerlessly beautiful visage, eyes that carried a killing intent and red silk that danced in the air became a tale that spread far and wide.

While recalling his embarrassing moments, Xue Yiqi saw Gan Qingjia rush over with Qi Jianqiu tailing behind him.

The multifarious and mixed emotions in his heart made his blood upsurge, and he nearly collapsed in front of everyone.

Following this incident, Shangguan Yan continued to pay him numerous visits while he faced her with complex feelings, his countenance filled with cold rejection every time.

That person ought to have given up by now, right?

Xue Yiqi took out a topographic map of Chang'an City and gave it a few cursory glances before he put it down again.

She must've certainly given up on him. She hadn't visited him for three days already...

The First Prince, Situ and Gan Qingjia sat facing each other in the secret underground passage with solemn expressions.

"They move really swiftly. They dug out a tunnel the size of three estates in three days."

The First Prince was astounded. What those people were capable of was truly an eye-opener.

Gan Qingjia's complexion turned somewhat pale as he said, "Based on The Villa of Mount Baicha's ability, they would need at least ten days. What exactly is the Xiaoyao Sect, wait no, the Demonic Sect's origin?"

Situ's expression eased a bit. He reached out a hand and knocked on the table as he profoundly said, "The founder of the Sect had left the Wei Kingdom's Imperial Palace to establish the Demonic Sect."

The Xuan's Kingdom predecessor was the Wei Kingdom, which was already a dynasty from two hundred years ago. That was to say that the Demonic Sect had been founded two hundred years ago. They could be considered the most senior sect in the Central Plains' Martial Arts Community. It was just that they remained low-key all those years and didn't garnish much fame.