Chapter 79: Li Hengba

Feng Luodi sat with Situ in the stateroom, a game of chess between the two of them. Cheng Shifei stood beside Feng Luodi, acting as her tactician. However, despite their best efforts, Feng Luodi's pieces were wiped off the board in less than 15 minutes. She gritted her teeth and stared at Situ, who sipped his tea calmly.

"You...are good."

"Good game." His tone as nonchalant as it could be.

Feng Luodi glared at him. His moves are always in anticipation of something else, it's as if he's always playing for the future! Worst of all, I can't recognise the potential dangers at all!

"Must be burdensome for you to have to play with me, General." Feng Luodi's voice dripped with sarcasm.

Situ shook his head. "Not at all, seeing as how Shifei is guiding you along."

Cheng Shifei was the tactician of the army, a man with a gentle demeanour. He smiled warmly. "You speak too highly of me, General. I'd still caused the lost of Miss Feng in the end."

"General Cheng was a good tactician, but my skills were too poor to carry out his ideas." Feng Luodi pursed her lips, and got out of the seat. "Come and play instead, General Cheng. It's best if you could win him." Feng Luodi was upset, having lost nothing less than 10 games in the span of a morning.

Cheng Shifei smiled lightly, and took the seat. "I've never won General Situ in chess since the day I met him."

"You can do it today! Believe in yourself." Feng Luodi poured him a cup of tea and encouraged him. Situ stayed quiet, his gaze trained intently on Feng Luodi.

Unfortunately for Feng Luodi, Cheng Shifei surrendered before ten minutes was even up. "General, your prowess on the board is as deadly as ever." He looked bemusedly at Situ. "I could tell that you'd treat our match very seriously, General. Was it perhaps because of Miss Feng watching our game?"

Feng Luodi ignored the underlying meaning in his words. "He just wants to show me the difference between the two of us."

Cheng Shifei was stunned for a second, not expecting such a reply. He burst into laughter. "General, it seems like you still have a long way to go ahead of you."

Situ looked up at Feng Luodi who avoided his gaze, and raised an eyebrow. The distance would be much shorter if she stopped pretending to be clueless about everything.

"My turn!" Feng Luodi gritted her teeth, and challenged Situ again.

The game went on, but a soldier came to the tent. "General, the Third Prince of the Huns wishes to see you."

"Li Hengba?" Cheng Shifei laughed. "Finally, he's here. We've been waiting for a long while now."

"Let him in." Situ ordered.

"Yes, General." The soldier turned to leave.

Feng Luodi stood up hurriedly. "I'll head back first, then."

"No need for that." Situ pointed to a screen behind him. "Just wait behind there for a while, we'll continue after I'm done."

"But..." Feng Luodi glanced at Cheng Shifei, but the General did not object. Sighing quietly, she stood up and moved behind the screen, cradling her cup in her hands.

Before long, the soldier returned with a man in a heavy cloak. The man, Li Hengba, took off the hood of his cloak and greeted the two Generals, clasping his hands together. "General Situ, General Cheng, it's been a long time. I've been missing the two of you dearly."

"Missing the days where you got destroyed, huh?" Situ exposed him immediately.

"Hah!" Li Hengba ignored the taunt in his words. "I see that you're still the same man as I knew."