Chapter 84: The Crown Prince of the Xianbei Kingdom

"General, this invite is from the Xianbei kingdom." Zhang Xin smiled as he stepped into the tent. "It's the wedding of their Crown Prince, and they wish that you can attend the ceremony."

"A wedding ceremony?" Situ took a look at the invitation, surprised. "Doesn't he already have three wives?"

"Those are just his concubines." Zhang Xin rubbed his hands together. "It's his First Lady he's wedding now."

"The fourth one?!" Situ kicked the table in frustration. And I haven't even managed to get the only one I want!

"General? Do you want to go?" Zhang Xin asked gingerly, shocked by Situ's outburst.

"Of course I'm going." Situ tossed the invitation back onto the table and grounded his teeth in frustration. Suddenly, he remembered Cheng Shifei's parting words.

"Give it to me."

"Give what?" Zhang Xin rubbed his head, confused.

"The thing that Shifei entrusted to you." Situ was impatient, triggered by the Xianbei Crown Prince's exciting love life.

"Shifei? Didn't he just leave?" Zhang Xin was even more puzzled. "What did he leave with me?"

Damn that kid! Was it just a joke? Situ was annoyed at himself for being duped by his subordinate.

"Right, General. There is one more thing." Zhang Xin continued. "The First Prince of the Huns sent an ambassador a while back."

"What did he say?" Situ supressed his anger and picked up another report on the table.

"He apologised for misunderstanding your intentions previously, sending troops to watch over us when we 'looked for the invincible weapon'. He hinted at wanting your help for the upcoming struggle for the throne."

"Is he? You know what to do." Situ replied calmly. As Zhang Xin turned to leave the tent, Situ called out after him. "Help me prepare a female gown in the local fashion, preferably in brighter colours."

"Alright, you can count on me." Zhang Xin headed out of the tent, slightly puzzled with Situ's request. It's easy to find a simple gown, but what size is it needed in? Whose measurements should I follow? He should have been clearer! Wait a minute...there is only one female in the entire army camp! Is it for...?

"Argh! He should have just said it clearer! It doesn't make a difference anyway!" Zhang Xin grumbled under his breath.

Back in Situ's tent, Two suddenly appeared before Situ.

"General, an old acquaintance is here to see you."

A man entered the tent, garbed in black clothes with a shawl obscuring most of his face. He pulled off his shawl and looked at Situ.

"Hello Situ. It's been quite a while."

"Quite a while indeed." Situ approached him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miss Feng, General Situ has sent something for you."

Feng Luodi sat down the brush she had been holding and walked towards the soldier outside her tent. She looked quizzically at the weird package in his arms.

"What is this?"

The soldier placed the package in her arms. "Some clothes. General Situ asks that you get changed as soon as possible. We will be setting off in fifteen minutes."

"Setting off? Where are we going?" Feng Luodi looked at him, confused. "Situ never told me anything."

"The wedding of the Xianbei Crown Prince." The soldier reported as-a-matter-of-factly. "Your name has been submitted to the Xianbei kingdom, so please get dressed as quickly as you can."