Chapter 112: Worried

This was the first time in a few months that Feng Luodi played the zither.  Her hands had not healed completely, and she could not exert too much strength on her fingers. Despite the pain, Feng Luodi continued to play faster and faster, the tune becoming messier as she played. Her mind was a confused whirl of emotions and thoughts.

"Cough, cough." A mouthful of blood spurted from her mouth and stained Cloud Nine as Feng Luodi fainted. Duo, who was hiding in the shadows, had no choice but to dart off to find Situ. The General would definitely be in a bad mood now, but I can't care too much about it anymore!

At the antechamber, attendants led by the head steward attended to their assigned jobs busily as the Chamberlain carried Feng Fuyou with a fatherly smile on his face. However, Feng Luodi's courtyard was deserted, only Fei and Scarlet taking care of Feng Luodi with the physician. After checking her pulse, Physician Zhou sent Scarlet to buy the prescribed medicine before coming out of the room.

In the courtyard, the man whom even the Emperor had to compromise to was frowning at the blood on Cloud Nine, his heart filled with worry.

"Your Highness." Physician Zhou called out softly.

Situ turned to him, gathering his emotions. "Why did this happen?"

Physician Zhou explained. "The situation is just like what I've said earlier. Miss Feng's injury has not healed completely and forcefully playing the zither has hurt her hand. Also, the many worries on her mind harms her mentally and physically. If she continues like this, it will be detrimental to her health. Do spend some time to comfort Miss Feng, your Highness."

Situ nodded his head, "Thank you for your effort, Physician Zhou. I'll have to trouble you again to exit from the side door; the antechamber is full of guests."

"I understand." Physician Zhou nodded and left, accompanied to the side gate by Duo.

Situ stared silently at the closed door. She fainted immediately after I left her angrily; does this mean that she actually likes me? Just as Situ was intending to go into the room, Two appeared. "General, Lady Feng is making her way here, should you...?"

Situ stopped in his tracks. He glanced at Fei, who just stepped out of the room, glancing at him. Without another word, Situ turned and walked out of the courtyard. Just as he left, through the branches, he saw a beautiful but sickly lady entering the courtyard, supported by a handmaiden.

Duo returned to Situ, his expression hesitant. "General, Miss Feng might have discovered my presence."

Situ abruptly turned, glaring. Two asked on behalf of Situ. "How can it be? Your hiding skills are on par with Quattor and Miss Feng doesn't practice any martial arts." Duo scratched his head embarrassingly. "That day, Miss Feng left a note on the stone table in the courtyard and I went to take a look. She wrote to ask me to return to you and that you don't have to leave anyone to watch her. And..." Duo trailed off, afraid to continue.

"And?" Situ asked.

Duo swallowed audibly. "And she mentioned that she would not have noticed my presence, if it was not for your expression."

"So the problem wasn't with me?" Quattor immediately appeared after hearing Duo.

"Shush!" Two glared at him, signalling for him to be aware of  the General's expression. They turned towards Situ, only to realize he was laughing. Then, he left for the antechamber.

"What is the meaning of this?" Duo was confused.

"I don't know!" Two and Quattor shook their head. Love makes a man unreasonable. Even the almighty General Situ was no exception.