Chapter 182: Clad in Imperial Robes

In the back garden of the Duke of Anping's Residence,  shaped like little stars with specks of red in white were blooming vibrantly, its sight extremely intoxicating. There were also noble-looking pink and purple  blooming elegantly with orange-yellow  covering the earth like a gorgeous carpet. The enthralling  stood their ground against the wind independently, whereas closest to Luodi were clusters of elegant .

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps could be heard from behind. Feng Luodi faintly smiled and a few words escaped her vermilion lips. "Your residence seems to have collected all the orchids in the world."

Situ was clad in majestic black robes with gold-plated ferocious-looking tiger ornaments on his shoulders. His aura was imposing, but it was the kind that made others respect him rather than fear him.

"My father likes orchids."

His voice was steady as usual, seemingly like there was nothing in this world that could sway him.

Feng Luodi stood beside the Hoary Stocks and raised her head slightly to see Situ approaching her. With the sunlight shining on his back, he walked towards her with a radiance that seemingly illuminated the whole world. This was the man she was deeply in love with.

"You also like orchids."

Her words were filled with certainty and delight.

Situ would never forget his lover's smile which resembled flowers in full bloom in the years to come. The elegant Hoary Stocks seemed to have lost their colours in her presence. The sunlight highlighted her ethereal appearance, making the scenery before him seem surreal. He felt as if he was in a dream.

"Let's go. Buhui is coming. Let's go see him."

Situ held out his hand to Feng Luodi. It didn't matter whether it was when they first met, when they were on bad terms and quarrelling, when they were in an ambiguous relationship or when they were confiding in one another, Feng Luodi had never rejected the hand he reached out to her.

Only when he felt her tender hand in his did he feel that everything was real, that she was truly standing beside him.

"Is Buhui the former Northern Army's Rear General?"

"Mhm."

Situ nodded and explained, "To avoid arousing suspicion, I wasn't able to meet up with him last time at the Dingtao Province. However, now that he was granted a new title, I'm afraid that he would have to stay in Chang'an from now on."

Buhui was formerly one of the four high-ranking military officers of the Northern Army, then he was conferred as the General of the Central Army troops with two hundred thousand soldiers under his command. She should meet this person, who'd stuck by Situ through thick and thin all these years.

When the two of them arrived at the antechamber, the housekeeper was coincidentally leading someone dressed in martial attire towards them.

Feng Luodi sat down and carefully sized up Ji Buhui as he strutted in spiritedly with his head held high.

Ji Buhui didn't have Zhang Xin's imposing, unfettered and candid disposition nor Cheng Shifei's ingenious, scholarly and refined temperament. He also didn't look like the seemingly muddled but clear-headed Gao Ming. This Ji Buhui appeared steady and calm like Cheng Shifei, possessed the deportment of a great general like Zhang Xin and seemed as sharp and alert as Gao Ming. He was a general who seemed mediocre and ordinary, but he was, in fact, the most erudite of them all.

When Ji Buhui stepped into the antechamber, he smiled to show his respect to Situ, whom he hadn't seen in ages, while sizing up Feng Luodi indiscernibly. Immediately after that, he knelt to Situ and sentimentally said, "General, I haven't seen you in ages. Are you faring well?"