Chapter 63: Action!

Whirlwind was gentle and obedient as promised, following Feng Luodi's every command.

Situ followed behind bemusedly. I haven't even taught her how to ride properly! He saw the look of joy on Feng Luodi's face and shrugged away his other thoughts. Unfortunately, Feng Luodi was too careless in her adrenaline fueled ride and strained her back from a sudden jolt of the horse. Pouting, she could only let Situ help her off the horse, and that signified the end of the riding 'lesson'. When Jiang Moyin finally visited Feng Luodi to give her the promised riding lesson, he saw a gloomy Feng Luodi hugging a bamboo slat, sighing to herself.

"Bored out of your wits? Grab your saddle and let's go riding." Jiang Moyin smiled gently, but did not enter the tent.

Feng Luodi looked up at him, and pouted. "Elder brother, I've strained my back. I don't think I can learn riding with you anymore."

"Is it serious?" Jiang Moyin immediately came to her side, and picked up the scent of herbal medicine.

Feng Luodi shook her head. "It isn't serious, but I doubt it will recover before the end of the Hunt."

"Don't worry about that. The Hunt is an annual event, and you'll have many more chances in the future!"

"Alright, alright." Feng Luodi laughed. "Sorry for troubling you to come here for that even when you're so busy." Will I still be here when the Autumnal Hunt comes around again next year?

"Well, if only you'd brought your zither here today. Your music always helps me sort out my thoughts." Jiang Moyin sat down.

"Hey! Can't you see that I'm injured? I can't play like this!" Feng Luodi set the bamboo slats down on the table in front of her. "It must be tiring to always be the one behind the Heir's plans and actions. I'm glad that you can take this time to rest here for a while."

Jiang Moyin's smile widened into a warm grin. "Did something happen that night you were at my tent? Situ wouldn't have involved you in such a dangerous situation otherwise."

"Nothing much." Feng Luodi shrugged. "We just happened to be together before that, and he knows that I'm a very tight-lipped person." She saw Jiang Moyin deep in thought and added jokingly. "What's with that expression, elder brother? Don't you trust me? I had no intention of learning about the Heir's plot."

"Of course I do." Jiang Moyin quelled his suspicions. "But Luodi, it's best that you do not get yourself involved into such things, and just focus on your music in the future. Many things that appear calm and peaceful could be harbouring a storm under the surface."

"Of course, elder brother. I am of that opinion myself as well." She nodded towards the bamboo slats on the table. "See? I'm looking at my music scores."

Jiang Moyin nodded.

"Elder brother, I can't possibly hunt in this state now. Would you do it on my behalf?" She winked cheekily. "Let the animals of the Guan Mountains shiver in your might!"

"Alright, alright. I'll save you the tasty bits." Jiang Moyin stood up confidently and headed out of the door.

"Elder brother!" Feng Luodi called out just before he left the tent.

Jiang Moyin turned around, a smile on his face. "Why? Are you particularly hungry for a specific cut of meat?"

Feng Luodi hesitated, and nodded, grinning. "I want a pheasant!"

"You got it!"

Feng Luodi stayed unmoving for a while after Jiang Moyin left, and sighed. Am I supposed to tell him how I feel about the Heir? That would mean questioning him and his morals as well. She picked up the slats again, trying to clear her head of the thoughts when she heard a cheering from outside, prompting her to check it out.