Chapter 115: Unexpected Gain

"Young miss, we have followed your orders and sunned the Asiatic apple flowers. The fresh tea is also in the making. However, Fei is not really clear about what to do. Would you like to go take a look?" Fei came into the courtyard and spoke softly.

"Alright, I'll go over to check on her." Feng Luodi, who was having a catnap, opened her eyes, got up and followed Scarlet out. Before she left, she turned to Jet. "Jet, go and bring over the zither. I will play the zither while you all have some tea later."

"Sure!" Jet excitedly went into the room to get the zither.

Scarlet looked at Feng Luodi. "Young miss, is it really alright to spend your Eighteenth birthday just like this? There is only a few of us celebrating for you. Would you like to invite more people over?"

"No need for that." Feng Luodi shook her head. "This is good enough."

Their voices trailed off into the distance. Situ impatiently hid on the tree as he watched Jet happily placed the zither on the stone table in the courtyard. Thereafter, Fei carried some fresh tea over and Scarlet brought out a table of sweets and side dishes. Feng Luodi washed her hands, took the zither to one side, and set her hands to the strings. A few of the Covert Watch hiding within the shadows looked at Situ, not daring to speak a word.

"I going to play a song now! Those who can't guess the name of the piece will have to drink." Looking at the people who were always bustling around her, Feng Luodi was filled with happiness.

First, a light-hearted piece was played. Scarlet reacted too slow and was punished with 3 goblets of wine. Then, a slow and sad tune echoed through the courtyard. This time, Jet blanked out and got punished. Everyone in the courtyard had smiles on their faces as the music continued resounding in their ears. On the tree, Situ sat quietly, observing and listening to all that happened in the courtyard.

"Why do I feel that our General is really...pitiful?" Duo twitched his nose.

"Who asked Miss Feng to reject our General?" Quattor shrugged, "This is how love tortures someone: the one you love might not love you back. Rarely does our General put so much effort into a lady. Such a pity that the young miss doesn't reciprocate the love and effort."

Two shook his head, "The worst situation is when they both get hurt even when they are in love with each other, because of certain reasons,."

"What are you saying?" Duo and Quattor turned around simultaneously and looked at Two, puzzled.

"Listen to the music." Two pushed their heads away.

The courtyard was filled with laughter. Jet was a natural clown, her every word and action making everyone doubling over in laughter.

"It is time for your medicine, young miss." Just as the party was gearing up, Scarlet suddenly stood up and hurriedly went to the kitchen.

"Right, young miss, you should get some rest after taking your medicine. Your recovery right now is of the utmost importance." Jet took away the zither in front of Feng Luodi and placed it back in the room. Feng Luodi looked at Fei, stunned. Fei immediately cleared the plates swiftly and took them to the kitchen.

As the courtyard cleared, the smile on Feng Luodi's face slowly faded away. Sitting alone in this big courtyard, she felt lonely.

Situ looked at the lonely girl in the middle of the courtyard and it was all he could do to resist the temptation to go down to her. If he appeared now, it would cause even more sadness to the both of them. He would never want to experience the feeling of being glared at by the woman he loved ever again.

"Young miss, your medicine is here." Scarlet passed a bowl of black liquid to Feng Luodi. Feng Luodi took it from her and finished it without so much as a frown. Scarlet handed her a sweet, "Young miss, would you like to have a sweet? I could smell the bitterness of the medicine from here."