Chapter 190: Nightmare

"Luodi, wake up, alright?"

Who's calling her?

"Luodi, Xiao An and I have come to visit you."

Who's crying?

"Luodi, you have already slept for two years. If you don't wake up now, I will break off all relations with you."

"Luodi, we really miss you."

"Luodi, it has been really tough for Uncle and Auntie. Wake up."

A white hospital, a white ward and people clad in white clothes who come and go. Who is that white-haired person? Who is that person with knitted brows and a worried expression with unease tugged at the lips? That bent figure...who is that person?

The surrounding was a cold and apathetic white colour, yet it accompanied those people for so long.

The vivid figures came and went in a flurry. Whose smiling face had descended into a weeping one? Whose optimistic features had turned into tightly furrowed brows?

"Luodi."

Why were they all calling, calling her? Yet, she was still stuck there...slowly losing herself, unable to go back.

The bits and pieces from the 21st century were like picture scrolls spread out before her eyes. The scenes slipped by one by one. It was so familiar, yet so distant.

The street crowded with people and vehicles, lustrous and dazzling sight, the nightlife, as‌ ‌well‌ ‌as‌ ‌men‌ ‌and‌ ‌women in Western clothes. She had lived in that place for 24 years. That was her previous life...

In the blink of an eye, all the scenes suddenly shattered like a disintegrated mirror, withdrawing bit by bit and dissipating.

An antique place came into view with a tang of tea lingering in the air. There was pavilion in the background and a figure in white robes.

The handsome man was playing the zither. The music as mellifluous as usual, creating an illusion of one growing wings and flying into the sky.

The gentle expression was like the purple wisteria flowers that crept onto the pavilion, not flamboyant, but gorgeous enough to make one reluctant to leave.

The fair skin complexion was like that of an immortal but it didn't contain the indifference of an immortal. There was forever a smile tugged at the corner of his lips and there was forever a smile dancing in his eyes.

His body was frail and he appeared gaunt. His appearance made people sigh endlessly, yet he was still freely writing with his brush and ink with a serene look on his face. Every time he smiled, a section was done. He was incomparably talented, a peerless genius of his generation. His brilliance and his unparalleled manner and deportment was something that his generation and the generations to come wouldn't be able to catch up with.

That person once smiled at her in such a gentle manner.

That person once waved at her, his motions gentle.

That person played the zither for her without rest, painted for her and kept them in his personal collection. He prepared tea for her for seemingly what felt like a lifetime, and he recited poetry for her in the hope that time would stop.

He would talk freely about the Xuan Kingdom's future, about how it would flourish and prosper in the times to come. It would've been the fortune of all the citizens, but unfortunately, he was powerless to proceed with his great undertaking.

It was a silhouette again. She was about to run over with a smile, but with every step she took, that person withdrew another step. The short distance between them seemed as if they were separated by a river which ends couldn't be seen. That person couldn't come over and she couldn't go over. She could only look on helplessly as that person vanished into thin air.