Chapter 108: Fury

"Situ...please...my hands...don't let anything happen to them..." Those were the final words Feng Luodi uttered before she passed out in Situ's arms.

"Don't worry; I'm here now."

Placing Feng Luodi on the bed, Situ frowned as the blood on her plain clothes came into his view. Taking a hot towel from a handmaiden, Situ gently dabbed at Feng Luodi's hands.

"Ssssst." Despite being unconscious, Feng Luodi took in a sharp breath. The rage in Situ's eyes flared. How dare they do this to this precious woman! I never should have let Quattor leave her side; this wouldn't have happened if I didn't agree with that.

The gashes beneath the blood were deep and ugly. Barring any possible scars, Situ was more worried about the damage done to the ligaments and nerves beneath the muscles. It would be utterly devastating to her if anything of that sort was to happen to her hands, for someone who loves music as much as she does.

His eyes turned to her face and his hands followed, gently wiping down her face. Gan Qingjia had laughed at him, saying that he'd become soft because of a woman. Indeed, the old me would never have done this for anyone; I'd always thought that I'd marry a woman who'd take care of my needs, waiting for me to come home to her every day. How funny that all my expectations and assumptions were forgotten the moment I met her. Now, all I want is for her to agree to be together; everything else no longer matters.

Nothing will stand between us.

Feng Luodi's skin was flushed red. Situ stood up, his fingers brushing against her bare skin as he did so. "She's running a high fever!" Situ frowned angrily. It might be an infection from her wounds.

He threw the door open and yelled for an attendant. "Is the physician not here yet?"

"The physician is here." Two and Quattor replied as they landed in the courtyard, Physician Zhou held tightly between the two of them, still reeling from the shock of his journey through the "air" to the courtyard.

"Please do your best, Physician Zhou; she is already running a fever."

"Of course, your Highness." Physician Zhou took a look at the worried look on Situ's usually stoic face and quickly headed into the room, closing the door behind him.

Situ's eyes narrowed, turning to face the two Covert Guards. They knew what their General wanted immediately.

"Recall Duo from his assignment immediately to stay by her side." As expected, Situ's first command was regarding Feng Luodi.

"Yes, General." Quattor bowed his head guiltily. If only I'd hid better when I was around Miss Feng! I would've been by her side today and this wouldn't have happened!

"Any news about the situation in Huaiyang?" Cold anger was barely concealed beneath Situ's mask of calm.

"Not yet, General." Two chose his words carefully. "Our agents should have reached Huaiyang by now and we should expect a message from them within the next two days."

Situ nodded. "Even if the message has not arrived by tomorrow noon, I want you to execute the Heir of Huaiyang. I will report it to his Majesty afterwards."

"Yes, General." Two wiped the sweat on his forehead. The General must be really angry about this incident, for him to make a decision without any concrete evidence.

"That is a job for you, Quattor. Two, I want you to dig up everything you can find about Concubine Hui and her relatives. Use every resource we have at our disposal and consolidate every single ounce of information for me." Situ's face was composed.