Chapter 167: Danger In Chang'an

After his assignment in Ding Tao, the First Prince gained rapport amongst the civilians. At the same time, Situ and the First Prince were very satisfied with Xue Yiqi's performance this time. From a certain point of view, this was a double harvest.

After solving the case of the murder of officials, it was the first time the First Prince officially revealed himself in the imperial court. Most of the officials had a good impression of the First Prince and felt that he reminded them of Empress Zhaoren.

The imperial aura on the First Prince did not disappear just because he was sent to exile. The First Prince, Liu Ran, was the oldest son of the Emperor. His mother was Empress Zhaoren and he had the aura of the imperial family.

Such words started spreading through Chang'an.

Feng Luodi knew how the First Prince gained the likes of the civilians. After all, he could just find ways to solve their problems just by opening his mouth. This was the result of his hard work over the years. Also, the First Prince had a soft nature. Besides his desire for the throne, Feng Luodi couldn't find any other problems with him.

Situ's decision is correct. Feng Luodi had always believed in that.

However, on their way back to Chang'an, they had met with many assassinations. The smell of blood stung her nose and the shrill screams made her unable to sleep. She didn't dare to look at the wounds on the bodies of the Covert Guards. But she knew that this was just the first step. As the First Prince gets nearer to the throne and gains favor with the Emperor, they would be in greater danger. And out of everyone, the one who would experience the greatest danger would be Situ.

When they alighted from the carriage and heard the people on the streets talking about the First Prince, they didn't feel happy. Instead, they were worried. All Emperors feel uneasy towards someone whose achievements were greater than theirs. Situ was already viewed as a god of war. Now that he has joined forces with a maganimous First Prince, the Emperor might do things that would make the Eight Prince very happy.

"Duo would send you back. I will go into the palace with the First Prince."

Situ organised her carriage for her and let the Covert Guards sent Feng Luod home.

Feng Luodi couldn't hide her worry. They used a trick this time and allowed the Demonic Sect to change their name to the XIaoyao Sect. Then they killed Xiao Bang and his gang and named them the Demonic Sect. Without a doubt, the Emperor would learn of this somehow. Of course, the Eight Prince would incite the Emperor relentlessly. No one knows what the Emperor would do.

What would be waiting for Situ and the First Prince, in the depths of the palace?

Those were the nightmares that haunted Feng Luodi. Besides her parents in her past life who was waiting for her to wake up, her entire heart was on Situ Muye.

Even though she had so many thoughts in her mind, Feng Luodi only said, "Remember to look for me when you come out."

Situ nodded. The First Prince and he took a horse each and rode off with most of the people.

"Tsk tsk, are you worried about your lover?" A teasing voice sounded.

Feng Luodi turned around to see Shangguan Yan lifting up the curtain. Under the violent objection of Xu Yiqi, Shangguan Yan finally wore normal clothes. However, the colours were very bright and it made her looked really pretty.

Speaking of Xue Yiqi and Shangguan Yan, Feng Luodi remembered the time when they were preparing to leave Dingtao province. Shangguan Yan rode on a white horse and caught up with them, telling them that she wanted to go to Chang'an with them. Anyone could tell that Shangguan Yan was here for Xue Yiqi but Xue Yiqi was a little slow on the uptake. Shuangguan Yan told him that she wanted to explore Chang'an with her new friend, Feng Luodi, and wanted to visit the Feng residence too.