Chapter 174: Willing

Faithful, kind, honest and upright. These were the appraisals given to Xue Yiqi by his acquaintances. Of course, everyone also commented that he was clumsy in speech and guileless, a soft person who tries to get along with everyone, and someone who was unable to refuse the favours from others.

These characteristics stemmed from his strict upbringing in the Xue Family as well as Situ, Gan Qingjia and Jiang Moyin pampering him covertly. It made him upright yet conservative, reckless yet restrained, honest yet dense and benign yet ruthless in his actions.

Before Xue Yiqi met Shangguan Yan, he'd never thought that there would come a day where he would use this kind of mocking and harsh tone on a person. His eyes were filled with impatience as he said those words.

However, he immediately regretted his words when he saw a trace of sorrow flicker across the eyes of the woman before him. He was stunned to see the usually arrogant and cheerful woman reveal such a sad expression.

In the past, it was difficult for him to gauge how others were feeling based on their facial expressions. He knew how dissatisfaction, depression and vexation looked like, but not grief. Yet, when he finally understood, it was already too late.

He didn't know how to console a person and didn't want this woman to have a misconception, so he hastily left behind the words 'Please excuse me, I've got some important business to tend to' before he fled, leaving behind a downhearted Shangguan Yan.

It was still early in the morning, so there were almost no passers-by outside the entrance of the majestic and grand Xue Residence.

Shangguan Yan stood there alone, muttering to herself repeatedly. "I haven't even finished speaking...if you don't like Steamed Pork and Crab Roe Bun in Gravy, we could've gone to eat  and . Jeez, I have already tried all of them before I came to recommend these to you. Sigh, you don't know how to appreciate my kindness..."

Although she was muttering to herself, it went without saying that she was disappointed.

Upon witnessing this, the Xiaoyao Sect's disciples sent by Lu Buping to look after Shangguan Yan were secretly whispering among themselves.

"What should we do? Sect Leader seems to be angry. Sniff, how many people are going to suffer from this again?"

"Mhm mhm, that person will certainly end up in a miserable state. We better stay far away. Once we get implicated...we would have no place to cry."

Leaving aside Xue Yiqi and Shangguan Yan, Situ was also feeling very helpless at this moment. After Gan Qingjia and Qi Jianqiu quarrelled, they ran to the Duke of Anping's Residence to drink wine while Qi Jianqiu seized Feng Luodi all for herself.

Situ drank his wine silently but shot daggers at Gan Qingjia. This untactful brother. He had just convinced Feng Luodi to accompany him for a day instead of looking after her mother, while his younger brother went to visit Jiang Moyin.

Sigh...how did they resemble a pair of lovers in any way? They even had to make an appointment a few days prior just to meet up.

"Say, Situ, are all women so unreasonable? Didn't I simply tell her the truth? Yet, Jianqiu flew into a rage and even threatened to move to the Feng Residence."

Gan Qingjia grumbled as he treated the wine as water and downed it in one go.

Situ's gaze swept across the wine jars scattered on the ground before looking up at the grumbling Gan Qingjia. After a while, he was finally willing to respond and asked, "So, what exactly did you tell her?"

Hearing this, Gan Qingjia shot him an aggrieved look, while Situ innocently looked up at the sky.

"Sigh, I merely told her that she'd added too much vinegar into the dishes today. But, to my surprise, Jianqiu got mad and swept all the dishes off the table and even told me off for a very long time."