Chapter 191: Uneasiness

Good fortune is bound to ensue after one survives a calamity.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

We must treasure those before us.

These were the three things Feng Luodi had heard the most in these few days.

Lady Feng often used the fact that she'd personally experienced it to advise her.

"I know that you want to find someone who treats you wholeheartedly. But, this person has already appeared, so what are you still waiting for? Once you miss this opportunity, you will regret it for the rest of your life."

The reason Lady Feng said this was simply because Feng Luodi had rejected the few marriages she had arranged for her with multifarious reasons before.

"Mother, this isn't the right time, I'm waiting for that right timing."

Feng Luodi always used this to brush off Lady Feng. Now that she thought about it, she was merely taking advantage of Lady Feng's love towards her. She had always been a selfish person deep down.

As for Chamberlain Feng, as her father, he used the reason of 'a friend in need is a friend indeed' to exhort her.

"He'd staged such an enormous ploy just to rescue you. As a father, I am ashamed that I'm inferior to him in this aspect. I already know about the Duke's feelings towards you. The two of you should pick a date and settle the wedding."

Whenever this happened, Feng Luodi could only smile.

"Okay, I'll let Mother pick a suitable date."

After that, she would proceed and handle her mother's side.

Qi Jianqiu had long wished for Feng Luodi to get married earlier and give birth to a cute baby so that they can have an arranged betrothal between their children. She would also visit and persuade Feng Luodi.

"I always thought that I can stay by your side and protect you. Such a thought was ultimately still unable to surpass the might of Situ, that fellow. He's the person before you that you must cherish. If the two of you are together, I can rest at ease and won't have any regrets."

However, Feng Luodi wasn't planning to get married.

Having known Feng Luodi for the longest, Qi Jianqiu suddenly detected that there was something amiss with her best friend.

"Luodi, it can't be that you don't want to marry Situ, right? You don't like him?"

"I like him."

Feng Luodi was very quick in admitting her feelings but purposely avoided the question in front. This kind of tactic was just nice for tricking people like Qi Jianqiu, which wouldn't work if the person she'd wanted to deceive was Gan Qingjia.

"I always thought that understood the thoughts of women but I have never been able to guess your thoughts. Jianqiu even made fun of me because of this."

"But you're the only person who can't abandon Situ. I don't know what you have been using the Shadow Agents for recently, but no matter what decision you make, you can't leave Situ."

Feng Luodi thought: Gan Qingjia must have become muddled from working too hard, right? How could he spout such contradictory words? Didn't he say that his eloquence was comparable to that of Jiang Moyin?

Jiang Moyin...

Feng Luodi ultimately understood that this person would forever remain as a painful wound in her heart. Regardless of whether she decided to stay behind or leave this place, this person became a thorn that she couldn't pull out and a thorn she didn't wish to pull out.