Chapter 163: An Imminent Crisis

As soon as Shangguan Yan had finished speaking, everyone present was dumbstruck.

Covert Guard Two had long silently left as signalled by Situ, avoiding Shangguan Yan and Lu Buping. However, the remaining few people had become witnesses of Xue Yiqi's embarrassing scene.

Although Situ appeared calm and composed, he could not hide the astonishment in his eyes from Feng Luodi.

Of course, Feng Luodi did not appear any less shocked than Situ. Initially, she had thought that Shangguan Yan was used to behaving wantonly and living in a Xiaoyao style in the jianghu, thus she did not mind how others viewed her. Right now, from the looks of it, Shangguan Yan's innate temperament was like that. She would say exactly what she wanted, and then fight for it.

Feng Luodi subconsciously formed a favourable impression of Shangguan Yan.

On the other hand, after hearing his supremo's words, Lu Buping glanced at the dumbfounded Xue Yiqi very pitifully and went forward to exhort Shangguan Yan. "Supremo, he is a court official. Didn't you say that you'd never want to have any relationship with the court officials in your whole life?"

"Hm?" Shangguan Yan's raised his shapely eyebrows and waved her hand.

"When did I ever say something like this? Buping, you're old already. Be careful that Qi'er wouldn't want you."

The corners of Lu Buping's mouth twitched and he gave an expression of 'you're on your own, good luck' to Xue Yiqi. Xue Yi only slowly came back to his senses after a very long time. Once his gaze settled somewhere, he saw Shangguan Yan's cheerful expression.

"When are you going to marry me?" Shangguan Yan swayed her hips seductively as she walked towards Xue Yiqi.

Xue Yiqi backed away in panic. "Miss Shangguan, please conduct yourself with dignity. Both you and I have only met each other for the first time. Please don't joke about such an important affair in your life like marriage."

Shangguan Yan's smile widened. Her beauty caused the surrounding scenery to become dull and gloomy. Whenever Shangguan Yan took a step closer, Xue Yiqi would flusteredly take one step back as if he was avoiding a beast.

"Oh, right. what's your name?" This time, Shangguan Yan realised that she still did not know the name of the fiancé she had set her sights on.

Xue Yiqi did not dare to reply. He had never expected that he would encounter the first calamity in his life today.

"Xue Yiqi." Situ replied on his behalf in a flat tone.

Feng Luodi secretly tugged on his sleeve, hinting to him to take a look at Xue Yiqi's unwillingness. Situ turned a blind eye to it but a smile flickered across the recesses of his eyes.

Shangguan Yan gave Situ a 'you're tactful expression and continued to close in on Xue Yiqi.

"So my fiancé is called Xue Yiqi. That's a really good name."

The sweeter her smile was, the more terrified Xue Yiqi became.

"Right, I almost forgot." Shangguan suddenly stopped her footsteps. Xue Yiqi sighed in relief.

Shangguan Yan turned her head to tell Lu Buping, "Change the Demonic Sect's name. Let's change it to...change it to the Xiaoyao Sect."

Shangguan Yan casually waved to Lu Buping. "Buping, instruct the various regions immediately. From now on, there will only be a Xiaoyao Sect and no more Demonic Sect in the jianghu."

Lu Buping helplessly complied. He turned around to leave and set out on the task. Upon seeing this, Shangguan advanced towards Xue Yiqi again with a pleased smile on her lips.