Chapter 135: Heartfelt Thoughts

After listening to Feng Luodi, Fu Bo sighed. "Master is only a Supervising Censor of the court now. He is no longer the Grand Tutor of the Heir."

Feng Luodi opened her eyes wide. "Why is that so?" She knew that that position meant more to Jiang Moyin than just a status. It represented his aspirations.

"I don't dare to speak too much about it," Fu Bo felt upset too, "Master will tell you more if he is willing to speak of the issue."

Feng Luodi didn't pressure Fu Bo any further and rushed to Jiang Moyin's courtyard.

Under a pavilion surrounded by the lush greeneries, a man in white was playing the zither. The music followed his movement, echoing a sad and sorrowful melody as he placed his hands on the zither. He is the outstanding and elegant Second Master of Chang' an. He should be playing high-spirit and graceful music. Yet, these are the songs that he is playing now.

Feng Luodi remembered that he could only live for 5 more years. She held back her tears and gently called out to him. "Brother."

Jiang Moyin stopped playing and look towards her happily. "Luodi, you actually came."

Feng Luodi slowly walked towards him and sat down. She looked at Jiang Moyin and spoke softly. "You have grown thinner."

"But I can finally get out of bed." Jiang Moyin smiled warmly and said indifferently, "you are still as lively as ever. I am happy for you."

"Do not change the topic," Feng Luodi's gaze fell onto Jiang Moyin's hands, abnormally pale and thin. She felt a lump in her throat as she continued, "Didn't you say that you always lived in Chang'an and never went out to see the world? You have a chance now. Why not bring your doctor and servants with you and explore the Xuan kingdom? It will definitely be a journey worth travelling."

Jiang Moyin lost his smile for a short while before saying helplessly, "It is my mistake. You would have known what had happened if you saw the plaque. You are smart enough." He sighed before continuing, "I will never have a chance to explore the world. I am destined to die in Chang'an."

"Nothing is predestined. You never believed in destiny before." Feng Luodi replied firmly.

Jiang Moyin surrendered. "You always have a way with words. I can't win against you in an argument."

Feng Luodi couldn't help but laugh. Yet, her heart was filled with sorrow. Time is really a scary thing. The once famous Four Gentlemen of Chang'an... One of them is in a coma. One is sick and stripped of his status, while the other two have some conflict due to relationship problems. Time really has the power to change things.

Jiang Moyin opened his heart to Feng Luodi and spoke painfully, "When I'd stood by the Heir in the past, I'd thought about the prosperous future of the Xuan kingdom. I'd thought about how the Heir will rule his country and how I will be helping him by his side. However, he has changed, and I have changed as well."

His words were few, but Feng Luodi knew that Jiang Moyin was hurting a lot inside. Just a year ago, he was telling her about his vision for the Xuan kingdom and how the Heir will become a good Emperor. Now, everything had changed.

He must be utterly disappointed in the Heir and didn't want to continue his position anymore. Feng Luodi guessed the reason for his resignation. However, she would never ask her brother directly. She forced a smile and pretended to be relaxed. "What are your plans for the future? Please do not say that you will die in Chang'an anymore."

Jiang Moyin closed his eyes and sighed. "More people actually came to visit me after my resignation. The people whom I always argued with in court last time came and presented me with gifts. Fu Bo must be having a headache from all these visits."