Chapter 145: Autumnal Feast

It was a joke but Feng Luodi blushed immediately, her face the colour of beetroot. Qi Jianqiu looked curiously at her. "Is it very hot? Why is your face so red?"

"Qi Jianqiu, you are such an idiot!" Feng Luodi held her face and forced herself to calm down. She then smiled and said, "Jianqiu, what did you say when you came in just now?"

Qi Jianqiu remembered her purpose for coming and quickly sat down and held Feng Luodi's hand. She said angrily, "That guy Qingjia, he was busy preparing for our wedding behind my back. Isn't he getting a bit overboard?"

Feng Luodi's face twitched. That was the burden of being in a relationship. "That means that you are free to do what you like. Isn't that good?"

Qi Jianqiu pouted and gulped down a cup of tea. "I'm part of the marriage as well! If he can settle everything on his own, then what am I here for? What happens if the table he ordered is ugly? What happens if the food is horrible? What happens if he invites people that I don't like?"

Qi Jianqiu started exaggerating and caused Scarlet and Jet to laugh. Qi Jianqiu gave them a weak glare and looked at Feng Luodi helplessly. Feng Luodi took a deep breath and smiled at Qi Jianqiu. Qi Jianqiu moved backwards awkwardly and almost fell from her chair.

"Luo... Luodi, what are you staring at me for?"

Feng Luodi slowly replied, "Jianqiu, I think that you are too free!"

Qi Jianqiu shrunk her neck and hugged her legs as she raised them up. She muttered, "Of course. I didn't get to meet him much for these few days and even if I did see him, he would be busy and didn't have any time for me.

"Feng Luodi wanted to put in some good words for Gan Qingjia when Qi Jianqiu added, "I came to Feng residence to find you before this but you were at Situ's residence, dating. Hmph!"

Feng Luodi swallowed her words and started drinking her tea. She ignored Qi Jianqiu. This little girl, hmph.

Qi Jianqiu let out her frustrations and felt much better. She said to Scalet, "Scarlet, can you bring some food over? I'm really hungry."

"Yes, young miss." Scarlet smiled and ran off to get some food.

Jet happily asked, "Young Miss Qi, do you want to try some flower tea?"

"Flower tea?" Qi Jianqiu's eyes lit up. She nodded vigorously. "Definitely."

Jet bowed and left, the courtyard immediately quietening down. Purple petals danced through the air, birds chirping among the trees. Qi Jianqiu grabbed a petal and exclaimed, "this is so pretty. Luodi, I would be really happy if I can see you, Qingjia and Father every day."

Feng Luodi was heating the tea up on the small stove and her actions paused for a while. Then, she changed the topic casually. "You will have to go for the Autumn Feast this year. Have you decided how you are going to interact with everyone?"

Qi Jianqiu got depressed again. "My father and sister asked me the same question too. The Emperor chose a good date for Gan Qingjia and my wedding and we would have to thank him on that day." Qi Jianqiu commented, "Getting married is so tiring."

Feng Luodi replied without a thought, "Your husband should be the one complaining."

Qi Jianqiu squinted her eyes. "Don't laugh at me, you have to attend the Feast this year as well. Hah!" Qi Jiaqiu gave a burst of evil laughter.

Feng Luodi was stunned. "Wasn't it supposed to be up to me?"

"Yes," Qi Jianqiu gloated, "but you got famous this year. Many officials are curious about the lady who stole the heart of the Duke of Anping. You have also shown your face to the Emperor. If you don't go, he might blame your father."