Chapter 144: Drunken Stupor

At The Painting of Ten Miles, the handsome gentleman garbed in black clothes and the smiling damsel in green sat across from each other. Situ slapped open the seal on one of the vats and chugged a mouthful of wine, Feng Luodi watching him quietly. His wet lips, his swallowing motion, the drops of wine lingering on the corner of his mouth...tantalising.

Her eyes darted away as Situ looked at her. If this man was in the 21st Century, he'd probably be the most eligible bachelor in the world. Ever. Not to say that he isn't already a very popular man...

"Are you going to the Autumnal Feast?" Situ sat the wine down and motioned for Feng Luodi to move closer to him. She unwillingly obliged.

"What Autumnal Feast?" Feng Luodi was still upset at how Situ had 'abducted' her right off the streets of the capital. I can only imagine what is going to happen to me when Father hears of that...

Situ patted her on the head. "On the eve of the Mid-Autumn Festival, the Emperor will host a banquet for all the officials and the families in the palace."

"The very word 'banquet' brings bad such bad memories." Feng Luodi tore off the seal on the other vat of wine and set it aside. It was too strong for her to enjoy, but she liked the fragrance of the wine.

"Shall we recall those memories again?" Situ asked on purpose.

Feng Luodi gave him a death stare. "Do it one more time and I will definitely punch you."

Situ shrugged. "It's not like your punches hurt."

Feng Luodi huffed in frustration and held the vat of wine to her lips, slowly slipping. Situ's gaze landed on her red lips.

"Why does your vat of wine look better than mine?"

Feng Luodi quickly scooted away from him. "Don't look at me like that! I know all the tricks in your book already!"

Situ shrugged helplessly and took a sip from his own vat of wine. Perhaps it was due to her lack of drinking habits, memories and feelings welled up inside of Feng Luodi as she slowly sipped the wine. Her eyes took in the familiar beauty of The Painting of Ten Miles, but her heart was much different from when she'd come the other time with Jiang Moyin.

Things change as time passes, huh? What a true saying.

"Are you still drinking that? It's really strong." Situ reminded gently.

Feng Luodi turned and glared at him, her eyes woozy from the alcohol. "Hey! Why can't I drink it, when you're drinking it as well?"

Situ waved his hand, chuckling. "Alright, go ahead. I'll be sending you back anyway." The Situ of the past would have tried to stop Feng Luodi's thoughts from wandering, but now there was no need for that. The Feng Luodi of the past had seemed ephemeral, but now she was right next to him.

Having gained Situ's permission, Feng Luodi quickly finished her wine and proceeded to snatch the vat of wine in front of Situ for herself. Situ sighed. Is there anything sadder than being ignored by your girl, for the sake of wine?

When Feng Luodi was finally done with the two vats of wine, dusk was already approaching. Situ called out to her. "Luodi, let's go. I'll send you back home."

Feng Luodi turned to look at him, her eyes hazy as she stretched her hands out towards him. "Hug."

Situ froze for a second, his brain unable to comprehend the Feng Luodi before him. This was the first time Feng Luodi had asked for his affection, even if under the influence of alcohol. Barely keeping his smile from his face, Situ scooped Feng Luodi into his arms and turned to head to his horse. Feng Luodi's arms circled his neck naturally.