Chapter 107: Kryptonite

Everyone in the world is born equal; no one deserves to lord over anyone else. That is the worldview that Feng Luodi believes in. Everyone has pride; everyone deserves respect.

The moment she saw Liu Shang and Chu Xiaoxiao in the street, she knew trouble was coming for her. Not wanting to cause trouble for the Feng household, she could only do her best to comply with her demands. However, when she finally realized the fact that they weren't going to let her off so easily, obviously bent on making her day hell, she let out a breath she had been holding.

Everyone was wrong. Father, elder brother, you guys have no idea how vicious and jealous women can get.

Feng Luodi looked at the two women in the room as calmly as she could. "Why do you have stoop so low, doing such things to me? I pity you, of noble birth yet despised by the attendants who serve you. They smile and honour your wishes before you, but can barely suppress their urge to slap you when you turn your backs to them. It must be tough to live a life like that."

"You!" Princess Shangrong glared at her, her face livid with anger. She screamed at the two guards in the room. "Why are you not restraining her yet? Can't you see her disrespect towards me?" The two guards quickly hurried forward and held Feng Luodi in a strong grip. A strong kick to her knees sent her to her knees.

"Raise her head." Princess Shangrong commanded. A guard forcefully lifted Feng Luodi's head, holding her chin tightly between his fingers.

Feng Luodi smiled. "You must have waited a long time to do this. What good patience you have."

"Shut up!" Chu Xiaoxiao snarled, dousing Feng Luodi on the head with a goblet of wine. How dare she say that of me! How dare she speak to me like that!

Feng Luodi blinked, the wine dripping onto the floor from her chin. She chuckled. "Smells like Autumnal Ombre. Delicious, isn't it?"

Chu Xiaoxiao tossed another goblet of wine onto her. "Do you want more?"

Strangely, rage no longer showed on the face of the princess. She watched coldly as Chu Xiaoxiao expended her fury on Feng Luodi, and at Feng Luodi who held the same mocking smile on her face. Princess Shangrong smiled.

"What is it that you most fear?" Princess Shangrong's smile was innocent, but her words dripped with venom. "I love finding the kryptonite of my enemies and strike where it hurts the most. That's just like the Duke of Anping, isn't it? I can take down all my enemies in one fell swoop."

Feng Luodi scoffed. "You must be kidding, right? Are you really trying to compare yourself, selfish and bratty as you are, to a general whose deeds are all done for the good of the kingdom?"

"Beat her up!" Chu Xiaoxiao raged at Feng Luodi's defiance, screaming at the palace guards who held Feng Luodi down. The guards hesitated, looking at the princess for confirmation.

Princess Shangrong smiled. "No rush for that. Just as she said, let me be selfish for once. I want to find her weakness." She propped her head up with a slender finger, deep in thought. "Your looks are mediocre at best -- I'm sure it wouldn't matter much to you even if I was to disfigure you, would it? Chamberlain Feng is a 2nd Rank Official, a position that will take more than a little convincing from me for Father to remove him from his post. Your marriage is out of the question as well, after what happened in the Imperial Study that day."

I've severely underestimated her; she's not the brat everyone had assumed her to be. Feng Luodi remained expressionless, but deep inside she was surprised by the princess' logical deductions.

The princess continued. "I remember Elder Brother Huaicai mentioning that you were looking for the 10 Guqin?"

Feng Luodi's eyebrow twitched. No.