Chapter 52

Chapter 52

JASON’S POV

I couldn’t stop shaking, when Leah had called me, Chris and I, we were at the police station.  They had told us that he was under suspicion for the death of his wife and where were a lot of un-answered questions regarding his sister-in-law’s death.

When I explains the whole story about Mandy being Leah and the paper she had giving me plus all her nightmares, they started to believe me and ask me some questions.  What also helped was Chris who was also witness to her nightmare and when she had explained to him about her past.

When I heard Leah’s voice on the phone, I could tell how scarred she was and when the cop took the phone from me I was angry, but he needed to know more so… When I heard her say, Oh God, and her father’s voice after, the officer took my phone off speaker phone.  I didn’t know what was going on, I could only imagine and I didn’t know which was worst.

Two officers told us to go in their car and we raced our way up there.  I took over 2 hours but instead of going to the house like I thought we went to the hospital. 

They parked at the front of the hospital and we all got out.  Chris and I both followed the officers and they told us to stay right there.  They asked the front desk something and then turned to us.

The guy who had been talking to Leah, was Officer Kane, he came back to us and looked at me. 

‘She got hit pretty badly, so expect her to have a lot of black and blues.  She got very lucky, she has no internal bleeding, but she has two broken ribs.’ He said.

‘What about her father?’ Chris asked.

‘He died at the house.’ He stated.

‘Good.’ Was Chris reply.

‘But she’s ok right?’ I asked him.

‘When she got to the hospital she was unconscious.  She woke up about an hour ago.’ He said.

‘Unconscious?’ Chris and I said at the same time.

‘Yes.’ He said.

Chris and I looked at each other and I looked back at Officer Kane, ‘Can we see her?’ I asked him.

‘Only one at a time.’ He said.

‘Go.’ Chris said hitting my shoulder.

I nodded, followed the officer into the elevator and went up to the third floor.  She wasn’t in ICU so that was a good sign.

‘Go ahead, she’s in room 3423 bed B.’ He said nodding to me too go forward.