Ironhide x Reader ( Last Goodbye )

Third Person's POV 

It was five in the morning and Y/N was at the airport with her husband Ironhide who was going on a really important mission in Europe together with Lennox and other Autobots. Every time Ironhide had to leave on the mission across the broad Y/N went with him to the airport. It was always so hard for her to say goodbye to him because she never knew if it was the last time. 

She didn't want to tell him, but for a few days, she has been having a bad feeling surrounding her. Ironhide changed into his human form and gently pulled her into his arms. He hated leaving her, but he needed to go. Autobots needed his help. Tears began to roll down Y/N's cheeks as she placed her hands around him. 

Y/N: ''I don't want you to go.'' 

Ironhide: ''I know sweetheart, but I need to go. Soon I will be back and have you in my arms again.'' 

Y/N: ''Promise me.''

Ironhide: ''I promise.'' 

With that, they connected their eyes. Ironhide removed some of the tears from her face, before smashing his lips with her. After the kiss was over they placed their foreheads together and connected their eyes. 

Ironhide: ''I love you, so much Y/N.'' 

Y/N: ''And I love you Ironhide.'' 

Lennox: ''Ironhide, we have to go!'' 

With heavy hearts, they let each other go. Before Ironhide went on the plane he looked back at Y/N giving her a smile she loved. Then he turned around and went on the plane. If only they would know that this was the last time they would ever look at each other. 

Ironhide was on the mission fighting Decepticons together with Autobots and humans. The mission was taking weeks and Autobots were winning. After weeks of fighting the mission was finally successful and Autobots were allowed to go home. 

But just before Ironhide could get on the plane, a scream of pain left his soul as he fell to his knees. The pain came from his spark. 

Optimus: ''Ironhide!'' 

Ratchet: ''What's wrong?'' 

Ironhide: ''My spark...Y/N.'' 

Ironhide was waiting for weeks to see Y/N again. To hold her in his arms and to kiss her like there was no tomorrow. But just as he was about to see her again she was gone. She was hit by a drunk driver and she died on the spot. The last thing that she taught before her eyes closed was the words of her husband.