Pg. 137

"Welcome dear friends," said Bellvan, "Lord Zela had been keeping me updated and letting me know that your travels here were problem-free. I am happy. I'm glad you found this way around much easier, safer, and faster."

At the hearing of this Rebekah was furious and thought, 'So that is the son of bitch that gave them a different route to get here, and I couldn't see which was the way.' The usual way to get from the Land of the Souls from Octavian's took about a day and a half or so depending on how many stops one makes because they get thirsty it was never so short.

One of the Shera's came to take her out of the carriage and just her luck it would have to be Valeska who Rebekah knew hated her so much. As she pulled her out, she treated her with the utmost 'delicate care.'  "Damn Valeska, can't you treat me a little better, you're already getting rid of me." "Shut up bitch, you fucking say one more thing and I will slide a sword right across your neck like a hot knife on butter and you won't even see it coming but I will make you feel the pain."

Rebekah's eyes grew with fright because she knew that Valeska could do exactly what she said and not bat an eye. They used to be good friends in high school, the best,  just like sisters but Valeska had a boyfriend who was also turned and they were happy and for all, they were mated. His name was Frenico but Rebekah wanted him. Knowing that under vampire law, no two vampires that are mated can cheat on their mate as it's instant death to the one who does Rebekah thought of a plan.

Frenico would never cheat on Valeska because he truly loved her, their plans were to get married after their graduation. After the graduation party, Rebekah went to Frenico and told him that Valeska needed him under the bleachers. He went looking for Valeska and saw a girl under the bleachers he went to and was kissing her, a sweet passionate kiss, thinking it was Valeska. All of a sudden he saw a light blinding him from the end of the bleachers and it was Valeska calling his name.

When he looked at who was in his arms it was Rebekah and he noticed what she had done. At the same time, she had had one of her loyal make sure that one or two of the Judges witnessed what was happening.

Frenico ran to Valeska to tell her what happened. No one knew that Rebekah at the time had the power to shift change and had done it many times to Frenico as such had relations with him when he was called before the Council Rebekah had told them this and they sentenced him to death.

Valeska vowed she would not die until she saw Rebekah breathing ashes for what she had done. When Valeska met Natasha, she vowed she would work and practice to be on the royal guard. As the Council was forming one because they would soon need one. Moreover, because she saw that Rebekah hated Natasha and somehow Natasha felt the same for Rebekah as she did. She knew if someone would kill Rebekah it was going to be Princess Natasha and no one else.