Pg. 120

Natasha wanted Rebekah to see what was going to happen to her newborns if they tried to rescue her because although she didn't think anyone knew that a band was being formed at her word to rescue, everyone who needed to know already did know.

As such, she placed in Rebekah's mind a voice that sounded like Alaric's since she was most fearful of him telling her that if any of her newborns showed up, he would burn them up as dry grass when a spark touched it.

Rebekah didn't want that to happen as the closest and most loyal ones to her were the ones that were making the small army of newborns and she was sure they would come with them. She hurriedly tried to get into their head as of course, she had weak-minded loyals not to turn anyone or else.

Rebekah tried to look around thinking Alaric was in the cellar with her. If he was, what was she going to do? Natasha who was upstairs started laughing and then she felt her heart jump with happiness which meant that her true love was very close by. "My love, have you gotten your tuxedo already done?"

Natasha liked what she could do without even being there face to face and she also liked that she could interject into the minds of people what she wanted them to know and at the same time make them forget in this way they never knew it was her. Now she knew for a fact that Alaric and Sergiu would be safe.

"Yes, I did and now Edmondo and Nikolaj are down there with my uncle getting measured. I cannot believe that in less than a week we will be husband and wife," She kissed him and looking at him asked, "Do you regret it, my love?" 

With a stern look and a very serious tone, he said, "Natasha, don't ever ask me that again, I will never regret having found the love of my eternal life, having found the one diamond that fits exactly in the middle of my heart and the one flower that grows beautifully amongst all the others in my eternal garden." 

To make sure he had made her understand his position he took her in his arms and kissed her with such fiery passion and deep love that he didn't know if he could wait a week to make her completely his.

He had given her a different ring, he wanted her to wear a ring that Rebekah had not seen and he presented her with one that had been in the family for eons. It belonged to his mother and he wanted her to have it as the person who was next to his heart beside his mother.

When she saw it, she didn't know how she could accept it. She told him that it would not be fair to the rest of his brothers because whenever they found their mates, what would they offer their mates? 

He knew she was right but he wanted her to have this ring and something inside him let him know that this ring was for her and not someone else and he begged her to take it. After some much coaxing and kissing, she accepted, and oh how beautiful it was.

She asked about the middle because she knew it wasn't a gem and he told her it was a drop of blood from his father, Rowan, and a drop of blood from his mother, Victoire that was mixed and crystallized into what looks like a ruby and that's what made the ring exact special for him.