Nothing left

Y/N Y/L/N POV

Finally, classes were over. I'd have to dedicate a few hours to homework today.

But first, I'll have to feed the little children waiting on their meal. I think Tom thinks I'm eating my feelings and my friends don't exactly know what's up with me.

I hear Lorenzo and Theodore are talking again which is expected.

I made my way to Draco's room with plates among plates of food floating behind me.

I was so close when a man's shadow appeared behind me.

"I wouldn't recommend doing that to yourself." His voice rained down on me.

I pushed my eyebrows together and sighed.

"Leave me alone." I let out and turned around.

Tom stood in his perfect posture, looking at the food and then at me.

"Ok, it's obvious you want something. Out with it." I crossed my arms and waited for his answer.

"You're right. I want you to reconsider. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I need you back on my side. And I'm willing to do anything to get what I want." He cooed.

"Right. What are you going to do? Try to kill my parents, again?" I gave him a sarcastic laugh.

"We both know that road leads to a dead end. I'm here to ask what you want." He smiled.

This time, I laughed for real.

"Wow Tom. You really are desperate! Admit it. You have nothing on me. You left me with nothing. You can't do anything to my parents or anyone I'm related to, you can't do shit to Draco, you can kill all our friends for all I care. I don't give two fucks about how the world sees me, I have a clean slate. Admit it, Tommy. You can't do anything to me. I have the upper hand." I declared.

The smile on his face only shrank a bit.

"That's depressing." He let out.

I realized too. I am alone. Sure, I have Draco, Mattheo is also by my side, but I don't deserve all my friends. I'm a hypocrite and a terrible person.

Still, everything feels like it rests on my shoulder. I'm alone, yet there is still a heavy weight in my heart. A weight, not even Draco can lift.

My eyes dropped to the floor.

Where would I go like this? I can kick Tom's butt, but what would that do? His followers are everywhere now and they will probably try to end me themselves.

All I can see is a blurry, dark, and fiery future.

"You are alone, Y/n. In the end, you know who put you there. Yourself. You might be blessed by some powerful goddess, but your life tells a different story. If it were my choice, I would end your suffering." Tom spoke and finally walked away.

I'm stuck again.

I don't have the upper hand.

He does. He always will.

My face burned and a tear rolled down my cheek.

He is right. All of what he said. I can try all I want, have all the luck in the world, but this feeling will always remain in me. A dark void that I don't see anyone can fill.

I'm trapped there.

There is only one way out. A permanent way out.

I knocked on the door and soon, it opened.

I walked in and the food followed to the tables.

"Hello, Love." Draco greeted as Mattheo closed the door.

I fell into his arms and hugged him. A warm sensation welcomed me and I knew he was right for me. I loved him and I accept that.

"Y/n, you ok?" Mattheo asked while Draco stroked my hair.

"Mhm." I moved out, not letting Draco go.

He kissed my head and a tingle ran through my body.

Finally, I detached myself from Draco and looked over to Mattheo.

I sighed and led him over to the table of food.

"Y/n, something on your mind?" Draco asked while taking his seat.

I didn't exactly reply.

"Mattheo. We need to end this. Now. Do what you have to do. Destroy Tom. I can't take this anymore." I let out.

He knew what he had to do. Mattheo knows all the secrets and is a mastermind himself.

"Can I ask why the sudden rush?" Draco asked.

"Well, what else are we going to do? Sit here for another month and strike him when people start disappearing? Give him all the time in the world to gear up? I want this story to be over." My voice rose.

I was a little mad, to say the least.

"She's right. Tom is constantly gathering followers and reaching out to powerful communities." Mattheo added.

Draco nodded.

"But Y/n, while Mattheo is out, what will you and I do?" Draco asked.

"Easy. You will help him. Be his secret back up but only when he needs it. We want you to stay 'dead' as much as possible." I explained.

"Please I don't need his help." Mattheo nagged.

"Really, you're that confident in yourself." Draco raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. Why? Do you think otherwise?" Mattheo argued back.

"You don't?" Draco continued.

"Guys!" I called out.

They stopped, but it was obvious there was tension between them. Something I didn't have the brain cells to get involved with.

"What about you?" Draco asked, changing the subject.

"I will stay here. I have my own business." I answered.

"Which is..?" He waited.

I looked at both the boys.

"I'm just going to be here. I have a feeling someone will show up and I'll take care of the problem." I let out.

They shrugged it off and that was relieving.

It's true what I said. I will stay here and wait.

For who will show up, as the muggles say, that's the million-dollar question.

——————————————————————————-
Thank you for reading. <3 Remember to vote. This book is coming to an end. :)