Fail

Y/N Y/L/N POV

My fingers touched the door to my dorm. Tears burned down my chin and my stomach burned in pain. My heart was shattered and I wasn't in the mood to cry anymore.

I walked away and headed for Tom's dorm. I'd rather spend any time confirming my suspensions than cry over some boy.

I pushed the door open and headed for the bed. I gathered the blankets around me and buried my head in them.

"Ughhhhh! Fuck him!" I screamed into the blankets.

I let out many more sobs and screams as that was the way I started to cope. Suddenly, I heard a noise outside and it was off in a second. All the pain, anger, regret, was gone. I was numb again.

A smile appeared on my face and I got off the bed. I took a deep breath and congratulated myself in my head for turning it off.

"Alright, Tommy. There's gotta be something here." I sighed before fumbling through his stuff.

I know he took his diary with him, but I had a feeling there would be more. I gently flipped through his books and moved through his closet.

Suddenly, my hand hit something hard. I moved the clothes out of the way to find a stack of his old diaries.

"Wha..?"

I took the first diary from the top and piled the clothes back, hiding the rest.

I skipped to the bed and opened the book.

'How can someone be so blind? He could walk up to her and kiss her and she'll still think it was friendly. It is cringe watching Draco make a move on Y/n every day. It's disgusting.'

My face turned warm and I blushed. Wow. I was probably really blind back then.

I flipped through a couple more pages. The writing was so neat and organized. I skimmed through the pages and my name and Draco's has been mentioned so many times. Usually on how blind I was and how disgusting it was to watch Draco flirt with me.

But then, something caught my eye.

'I love her. I fucking love Y/n and I'm becoming like Draco. Like a clingy wart who noticed everything about her and can't help but have butterflies around her. It's disgusting, this feeling.

But what has she done to me? I feel compelled and completely under her control. I'd do anything she wanted without a second thought. But I have a set future ahead of me. She's getting in my way. She has to go.'

The next pages were on how much he loved me and hated me for what I made him feel. There were writings on ways to get rid of me. To kill me.

My skin felt cold as I read detailed writings on how he would drown me and pin it on Draco. How he would tamper with my wand and make it explode and act like a bomb. Maybe he could just Avada Kedavra me himself.

Each one ended with how much he was tempted and how much he loved me.

'But I'm afraid I'm already too deep. It's either I take care of her now, or I wouldn't be able to do anything anymore. I love her. A part of me wanted to make her mine and treasure that forever, but she is a weakness. A lord cannot have such a thing in their life.'

I skipped a few pages and something else caught my eye.

'It's failed. Even worse, Mattheo has taken this chance to get closer to her. It's funny seeing the jealousy radiating off of Draco. But that wasn't the goal. My followers have failed me and they will pay for that.

I can't stand it anymore. The only option I have left is to make her queen. I have so much control next year, it won't be hard. She will be mine, no matter who I have to manipulate.'

Wait..what did he fail at. I flipped back a few pages when I heard another sound outside the door. I slammed the book shut and slid it under the blanket. Pairs of footsteps came from all directions and voices started to bloom.

Oh. The class was over. I started to take the book out from under the blanket when the door opened. I took my hands out and placed them on my lap.

It was Tom.

"You weren't in class. Why." He started.

I shrugged my shoulders and Tom walked over to me. His expression changed as he realized something. His hand caressed my chin and his face softened.

"Who did this?" He questioned and examined the tear streams on my cheek.

"Draco," I answered.

His soft look turned hard and emotionless.

"That bastard." He cursed.

"No, it's not that. I hurt him too." I let out.

Tom was silent as he kept staring at me.

"I-I told him we were no longer friends... and that I hated him," I confessed.

Tears started to form in my eyes again. Tom was trying his best to hide a smirk, but it was obvious this was a big win for him.

"And? Now he's both our enemy." He cooed.

"But he was my friend." I started to tear up.

"We'll get over it. He doesn't deserve you." Tom let out. "Come on. We have class."

I nodded and started to walk with him. I looked back at the diary under the blankets. The question on what he failed on was taunting me. Tom never fails.

I pushed it away and promised myself I'll get back to it as soon as possible.

-

Tom had returned my stuff and we walked to Charms for my next class.

I shuffled my way to my seat on the 3rd road. Astoria still wasn't there so I only sat next to Lorenzo.

"Hey, Y/n. Long time no see." He cooed.

"Yea," I replied.

"Where's Astoria." He asked.

"Ask Tom." I cooed while watching Tom sit in the row below me.

"She's in the hospital," Tom answered.

"Wait, what!"

"Yea. Tom slapped her. Really hard." I sighed and took out my books.

"Is she ok?" Lorenzo continued.

"She should be. I actually don't know why she isn't here ye-"

"Oh, there she is." Lorenzo jumped in.

I turned my head to see Astoria's face and body covered in bruises. She had a mean expression on her face as she came in.

The whole class stared at her as she walked up to me and say down.

"Um..what happened." I cooed, shocked.

"Oh, nothing. But two of Tom's followers came after me and are now either dead or knocked out." She sniffed.

I slowly looked at Tom. He was staring at the Professor set things up.

"What the fuck Tom," I questioned.

"Did they break your wand?" Tom cooed.

"Yes," Astoria grumbled.

"Good." He cooed.

"Tom, why?" I asked.

"I'm not the one who recorded me saying sorry." He answered.

"Wait, Tom said sorry?" Lorenzo scoffed. "When was this!"

"Shut up Lorenzo and stop asking," Tom demanded.

I rolled my eyes and helped Astoria with her book. Then class started.