Recruited

Y/N Y/L/N POV

I hurried back to Draco's dorm and opened the door.

My eyes landed on not one, but two.

"Mattheo? Wait, you're back?" I spoke, shocked through my tone.

I wasn't expecting this.

He smiled and took out my wand.

I walked over to him and got my wand back.

"I-, where were you last night?" I questioned, looking back at Draco.

"I slept over at some Hufflepuff's dorm." He let out.

"Oh, well, I have some info to tell Draco." I brought it up.

"And I have some questions for Tom. Like why the fuck he locked me away." He sighed and got up to leave.

"Wait!" I called out and grabbed his shoulder, stopping him.

Mattheo looked at me with waiting eyes. Shit, what do I tell him? That it was my fault he was locked away? Then he would hate me.

"I... I don't think you should." I sputtered out.

"Why not?"

"I mean... Tom doesn't know you're free now. I want to damage his image and shit and well..." I trailed off.

"You want me to be your little spy," he filled in for me.

"I want to see Tom fall to the ground, feel that everything he's done was worthless, feel hopelessness. Know that it was all his fault too. That if he wanted to, he could have prevented all of this." I explained.

I saw Draco raise an eyebrow out the corner of my eye.

"All I ask for is your help in doing so. And after what Tom put you through, I'd think you'd be more willing." I put out.

Mattheo nodded and looked at Draco then back at me.

"I want answers though." He let out.

"What do you want to be answered?" I asked.

"Why did Tom do it? Why did he lock me away?" He replied.

I looked up at Draco and bit my lip.

I looked back at Mattheo and he gave me a curious look.

"Y/n?" Mattheo spoke.

"I don't like secrets, so I will tell you because I have a feeling I know why Tom imprisoned you." I sighed.

"I'm listening."

"Well, I'll only tell you one on one," I spoke.

I turned to look at Draco, trying to signify him.

He got the memo in no time and left the room.

I watched as he closed the door behind him and turned back around to face Mattheo.

"Yes?" He waited.

"Well, it was the day of that Sulker family ball. Draco and I went and that was where I discovered... something. After a while, I found you." I began.

"I don't remember going to that ball. In fact, I think I got kidnapped that day." He pointed out.

"I know. I got a gut feeling that it wasn't actually you and really Tom playing his tricks and I wanted to send Tom a message. So... I walked up to the person polyjuiced as you, pulled them to a corner, and kissed them." I confessed.

Mattheo looked taken back.

"Wait, you kissed me?" He asked.

"Well, not you. I wanted Tom to be mad or something. I decided I needed the real you's help and looked for you at Hogwarts. I thought I found you on the Astronomy Tower, but it turned out it was just Tom." I continued. "I decided to piss him off even more and gave him a fake story about me and you being together behind his back."

It took him a few seconds.

"Did he believe you?" He finally asked.

"Well, I did kiss his polyjuiced spy and then he did lock you away, so... maybe?" I nervously smiled.

"So, it was your fault Tom imprisoned me." He said the one thing I didn't want him to say.

I stayed silent and continued to stare at the floor.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

I heard a little scoff from Mattheo and then fingers lifting my face.

His eyes didn't look mean or mad.

"I suppose you did also get me out." He breathed.

I smiled nervously again, really unsure of myself. I did the right thing. I hope so.

"I'll help you, Y/n. But after we watch Tom fall into the holes he created, I get to stab him." Mattheo cooed.

"Do as you please. I wouldn't have it any other way." I agreed.

"Well, where do you think I should stay? I can't exactly be seen as your little spy." Mattheo changed the subject.

"Well, I suppose Draco's dorm is nice and big. We can ask him," I suggested.

-

"So, are you ever going to tell me what you and Mattheo were chatting about?" Draco asked while plopping down on his bed.

"Maybe later," I answered as I was about to leave for the next class.

"Whatever, I can just ask. Mattheo." He cooed.

My movements slowed and I turned to Mattheo who was sitting on a chair, watching me.

I gently shook my head no at him.

"Don't worry Y/n, my lips are sealed." He smiled.

I wanted to disappear at that moment so luckily, classes were about to start again.

"If I wanted to tell you, Draco, I would," I spoke and left his room.

I made the boys place a silencing charm on the room at all times just to be safe.

I'm not risking this.

——————————————————————————
Thank you for reading. :) vote :) or not. :) but please do. :) I depend on these numbers for validation. :)😘