Step 5...continued

TOM RIDDLE POV

My hand gripped the window curtains tighter as I watched Y/n walk over to Mattheo.

My brother is betraying me again. I thought we had an understanding. Fuck, why is she like that?

I started to storm outside to stop them when I spotted Malfoy.

"RIDDLE! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?" He yelled.

"The fuck are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes as I tried to pass him.

He grabbed my shirt and pulled me back.

"No, you're not going anywhere near Y/n." He barked.

"Let me go, Malfoy," I warned him.

"Uh, what's going on here?" Theodore asked from the corner.

"Tom said some messed up shit to Y/n," Draco spoke.

"I did no such thing. This is stupid, let me go!" I demanded.

Draco moved and stood in my way.

"I mean...I did see Tom follow Y/n into the library and she came out in tears." Lorenzo popped up.

"I...she threw books at me!" I defended myself.

"Yea, cause you're an ass." Draco spat and pushed me back.

"Do you even know what she's doing? The bitch is escaping right now!" I yelled.

"What the fuck did you just call her?" Draco began.

I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, he threw a punch right across my face.

"Don't you EVER disrespect her like that!" Draco yelled.

A burn started and I touched my face to check for blood. That only infuriated me even more.

"Did you not just hear me? Y/n's ESCAPING right now." I repeated myself louder.

"Yea? Well, she has every right to. You fucking hospitalized her parents, did you think she could tolerate staying in the same Manor as you?" He hissed.

Of course, Draco would be on her side.

"WE HAD AN AGREEMENT," I shouted.

-

Y/N Y/L/N POV

I've packed all my stuff from Tom's room back to mine.

I think it's time we resume this little game. Now I have a copy of Tom's Journal, it's easy to forge tasks. I will take control of this game and get my revenge. I will ruin their lives as I promised.

Of course, there may be complications since the group knows it's Tom who was behind all of this, but I have a plan for that.

I have a list of people who I know are participating in the game. I can use them to keep my hands clean.

I stepped out of my dorm and wandered the castle. It's been a long time.

I strolled into the Great Hall and spotted Harry and Ron playing chess. Haven't talked to them in a while.

"Hello, boys." I greeted as I sat next to Harry.

"Um..hi Y/n, you're back early," Harry spoke.

"Yea, turns out I need new friends." I smiled. "But don't tell them I said that alright?"

"Hey, I understand, I don't know how you do it with Malfoy." He continued.

"Yea, man's a real dick." Ron joined.

"How are things with you and Tom?" Harry asked.

"Over. I..discovered some things on this trip and I've realized I've been surrounded by the wrong people." I let out.

"Oh, well good for you," Ron commented.

I chuckled and looked at their board.

"Who's turn is it?" I asked.

"Mine," Harry answered.

"Knight to D-7," I instructed.

The chess piece picked itself up and walked over to the spot, taking the bishop.

"Check...mate," Harry slowly let out. "Wow."

"You're welcome." I smiled as the board rested itself.

"Uh, not fair, Harry has to move his own piece." Ron stood up.

"Chill out Ronald. It's just a game." Harry laughed

"It's not just a game, it's wizard chess!" Ron cooed with passion in his voice.

"Yea, well I would have seen that move either way," Harry said.

"Uh, no. You've been staring at the board for like 10 minutes before Y/n arrived." Ron fought back.

"Y/n, tell him I won." Harry let out.

"Don't tell him anything." Ron directed at me.

I smiled. I miss this fun and the school.

"How about I say nothing and we let the two of you play again," I suggested.

"No, I won last round. I'm better." Ron spoke.

"If you're so good, you won't have a problem playing again, right?" I giggled.

Harry smirked and Ron sighed.

"Fine. Whatever, only because I know you'll lose, and Y/n, you cannot help." Ron agreed.

I raised both my hands midway up and leaned slightly back.

You know, this could give me time to brainstorm with their bickering as my background music.

I think step five should be fanned out across many days. Breaking one's heart in mere seconds is too merciful. Building background and farming leverage are much more exciting.

Imagine if I do gruesome things with the game and all the blame will get pinned on Tom. I can cause the loss of his followers and his demise.

Oh to see the look on his face when he realizes. I can't think of anything that relieves me more. Well, maybe punching him in his stupid face, but completely destroying him sounds nice too.

I watched Harry and Ron play as I smiled at the thoughts that popped up in my mind. Mostly of me stomping on Tom, but also what I should do to make the rest of the group pay.

I should go soft on Mattheo since he did help me, but Draco...I will break his stupid heart for all I care. Astoria and Blaise will also pay. Lorenzo and Theodore will have their own problems and I don't know where the hell Lola is.

Suddenly, food popped up on the tables. Lunch.

"Y/n, you wanna play a round?" Ron offered?

"Oh, sure." I agreed and swapped places with Harry.

So the game begins...