Step 1

Y/N Y/L/N POV

I poked at my food with chopsticks. We were having home-cooked Chinese food. I will say these elves were talented, everything smelled delicious.

We each started with a portion of rice while plates of steamed fish, dumplings, seafood, stir-fried noodles, soup, eggs, and even a hot pot were placed in front of us.

I reached out and placed some fish balls into the hot pot to let it cook. More of us added more along the way. I got a piece of fish and ate it with rice.

After some time, the fish balls were soft and cooked so I took it out as well. We ate in silence, the only sound was the fire from the hot pot.

I didn't mind or care, I just looked around and studied how some people acted with another. Tom kept an eye out for me while I kept leaning into Draco or Mattheo. Whenever I reached for something Astoria wanted, she would immediately back down. She usually wouldn't do such a thing. I knew Draco kept looking at Blaise. Theodore and Lorenzo were cowering away in the corner. Everything as expected.

-

I finished my rice and got up. I took my plates with me to the kitchen where the elves had already started to clean up. Tom quickly followed after me and soon, Astoria, Mattheo, and Draco.

I walked up to my floor, footsteps trailing behind me. My legs moved me to a corner where I hid to see who it was.

As the noise got closer, Tom passed me, looking around. Suddenly, he turned to me and smirked.

"Well hello there, little one." He cooed.

"Wipe that fucking smirk off your face." I spat.

I could hear other people's footsteps nearing. The mere sight of him enraged me. How dare they trap me in the same house with the guy who tried to kill my parents.

I approached him. My face forced into an innocent look. Saying all I felt for him was gone would be a lie. The stupid love curse isn't fully worn off, but I can definitely see much more clearer.

I looked at his lips and back into his eyes. They pierced mine like a knife, but I was unaffected. His breath landed on me and I hated every moment.

My hand reached back and punched him in the stomach. Tom sorta bounced back. He started to grin as he held his stomach.

"You're sexy when you're mad." He smiled, biting his lips.

I smirked.

"Why thank you. It's a shame you can't think of anything but to try and charm me." I cooed. "It's embarrassing how it's not working. You're only coming off as annoying now."

Tom's smile dropped slowly and I stepped away from him as some made it upstairs.

I scoffed and walked away.

I walked into a different hallway and into my room. I waited for a while and soon, Draco showed up.

"Oh, you're staying with me?" I rolled my eyes.

Draco closed and locked the door behind him.

I walked into the walk-in closet and changed into a night outfit.

Draco was sitting by the edge of my bed, just looking around.

"Why are none of the Sulkers here?" I asked.

"They've lent the place to us while they're on their own winter vacation." He answered.

I nodded and hopped onto the bed.

Draco turned to look at me and our eyes stayed connected for quite some time. I should begin with the first steps.

"I'm very disappointed in you, Draco." I began.

He looked back down and sighed.

"Why did you keep it a secret?" I asked.

Our eyes reconnected and sympathy flowed through him.

"We just didn't think you would take it seriously, you know because you were pretty hard under the love curse." He spoke.

Did he not think maybe the news that Tom tried to kill my mom and dad and only failed because our family is blessed would be enough to turn me around? They had no right to just assume that.

"I deserved to know," I replied.

"I'm sorry."

"I care about you, Draco. I loved you." I continued. "But I guess I do see a point in your part."

He nodded and smiled a little.

"But I feel crushed. I don't know what to do anymore, I feel ganged up on, I feel powerless over my own mind, I don't even feel safe anymore." I vented.

Tears started in my eyes and I could tell Draco was hooked on tight.

He moved closer to me.

"Darling, I'm so sorry for what we put you through. I was just trying to help." He comforted me.

"I...I don't know what to do with myself. Why me? What did I do to deserve this?" I sniffed.

A tear rolled down my cheek and Draco moved next to me. He cupped my cheek and whipped the tear off.

"We'll figure everything out, love. Just please understand that all I tried to do was help you. That's all we tried to do. Sure we made mistakes and we have no excuse for them, but we tried and messed up. I'm so sorry we betrayed and lied to you." He spoke.

His voice was calming and I nodded. Draco pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and blinked away the tears.

As we separated, Draco pressed a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled and soon yawned. I rubbed my eyes clean and glanced at the clock. It was getting late now.

"You should sleep." He suggested.

I nodded. Draco started to get up, but I grabbed his fingers.

He stopped and looked at me.

"I.." I started to mumble.

"It's ok, I'm not going anywhere." He smiled.

I let go of his fingers and laid down on the bed. I got to a comfortable position and after a while of footsteps trailing across the room, the lights turned off.

The bedsheets beside me started to move and Draco moved in. I wiggled closer and he pulled me closer to him as well. After some time, we were cuddling. I didn't exactly want this, but the plan was going smoothly.

__________________=___=_=__=_=___
Thanks for reading. Plz, remember to vote and sleep. :)